go6100 How to access POI list to turn on/off items

25riley
25riley Registered Users Posts: 16
Apprentice Traveler
I have recently purchased a 6100. I have downloaded the long many page manual to my computer but find it very poor for explaining things. It talks about things without having previously explained what they are or what they look like expecting you to somehow know (telepathy?). A small example is "the drive button". Having read the manual over and over I could not find anywhere that showed and identified that button. I eventually figured out that it must be the button with what looks like a steering wheel and by trial and error confirmed that to be so. The whole Manual is full of such lack of information and explanation.
My latest problem is how to remove the electric charging point "POI" that automatically shows up with the petrol station "POI". I have GO 300, GO710, Start25, all of which can easily show POIs for selection/deselection by group subject or individually. I have tried and tried on the GO6100 but can't find how to bring up on screen "POIs". Needless to say I am fed up continually trying to read through the vague manual. Can someone please enlighten me with step by step instructions.
Communication, communication, communication..TomTom please ensure your manual writers do a better job.

25riley

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,228
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    how to remove the electric charging station

To hide (disable) the Charging station icons go to the Settings menu then to Appearance and open Show POI lists on the map and click on Show to open the option and click on Hide for Charging station to no longer see charging station icons on maps.

You can also enable/disable other POIs in the POI list.
  • 25riley
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thanks...accomplished.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,228
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    how to remove the electric charging station

To hide (disable) the Charging station icons go to the Settings menu then to Appearance and open Show POI lists on the map and click on Show to open the option and click on Hide for Charging station to no longer see charging station icons on maps.

You can also enable/disable other POIs in the POI list.
  • 25riley
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thanks...accomplished.