charging port connection on the GO 6200 tomtom

NorThox
NorThox Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited September 9 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have used my 6200 in so many countries, including across Europe and the USA, and it has been a totally reliable navigator. Just excellent.
Lately I'm having one problem, and it's the connection into the back of the screen. Today, in Mallorca, the insert just fell out of the connection on 2 occasions, and eventually the picture failed due to lack of charge. Worth mentioning that the sun was beating down rather fiercely through the windscreen, so the cause could be expansion of the connection,
When back in the house I checked the fit, and it was definitely slightly loose. Anyone else seen this problem

Best Answer

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,331
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @NorThox
    You can get a replacement Active Mount, Cable & Power supply as a kit....
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/click-go-mount-charger/
    Is the USB lead plugged firmly into the Mount ???
    Are the contacts on the Mount that power the device....
    Bent/Distorted ???

Or maybe...
    I never disconnect the Tomtom USB lead from the mount, I loop the cable around the mounts' pillar using a simple knot to provide strain relief....
    When I'm not using the device I use a Velcro strap to stow the mount & cable in the glovebox

I use a 2nd USB Cable for updating....

eb6ee281-2840-4333-a850-80b2e7c3681c.jpg
    ATB YFM

Answers

• YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited September 9
    Hi
    @NorThox
    Welcome to the site...
    NorThox wrote: »
    (Snip) Lately I'm having one problem, and it's the connection into the back of the screen (Snip)
    Are you connecting the USB lead directly into the GO 6200 Head unit OR through the Micro USB port on the Tomtom supplied Mount ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • NorThox
    NorThox Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    It was connected into the mount.
    Regards, J
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @NorThox
    You can get a replacement Active Mount, Cable & Power supply as a kit....
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/click-go-mount-charger/
    Is the USB lead plugged firmly into the Mount ???
    Are the contacts on the Mount that power the device....
    Bent/Distorted ???

Or maybe...
    I never disconnect the Tomtom USB lead from the mount, I loop the cable around the mounts' pillar using a simple knot to provide strain relief....
    When I'm not using the device I use a Velcro strap to stow the mount & cable in the glovebox

I use a 2nd USB Cable for updating....

eb6ee281-2840-4333-a850-80b2e7c3681c.jpg
    ATB YFM