bought traffic services but wont update satnav. GO LIVE 1005 ST

chrisgog
chrisgog Registered Users Posts: 21
Master Explorer
hi. i purchased TomTom Traffic Europe – 1 year - Package discount (2 services)
1 on saturday 3rd at 18.32pm. . It is not adding to my satnav when i connect. i have done a soft reset and a partial factory reset and logged on and off my drive and tom tom. i have the officail cable too. Please help as i cannot load traffic. SERIAL model ST 3133GO1018. I am not connected to computer either as advised. my model is go live 1005 ST which is still supported.

Best Answer

• chrisgog
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    The problem has been fixed. Tom tom replied to my email on the 3rd day. Its taken a lot of stress trying to fix this. No live chat or person to speak to is frustrating. Thank you though to those who responded on the forum and to my email. This was the problem to do with the serial number.......".the order was not activated directly on the device because the device serial number was not selected on the order page. May be you missed on to select the device on the check out page for which the services was purchased. This can be resolved by manual assignment of the services on the device. I have made the necessary changes and activated the services manually on the device."

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

Are you renewing your traffic service subscription? or you stayed more than 18 months without having renewed the subscription if yes your Sim card is deactivated and it is no longer possible to reactivate it.
  • chrisgog
    Master Explorer
    I BOUGHT THE SUBSCRIPTION ONLINE via my drive connect. . ON MY SATNAV IT SAYS IT EXPIRED 20.7.2022. it keeps asking me do i want to renew on the satnav but i already bought online. Receipt came through just after midnight today
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Hi @chrisgog
    The order has not been allocated to your TomTom account yet. Get in touch with our customer service along with the order details to out the subscriptions on your account.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Regards,
    Vikram
  • chrisgog
    Master Explorer
    how do i speak to customer srvices??? I just keep being sent to Automated device assistant.
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/
    How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560

In the support box that appears at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box.
  • chrisgog
    Master Explorer
    hi both. I still cannot access Traffic. I emailed on monday and no reply. how do i get this allocated to my account? is there a phone number or can you connect me.
    thanks Chris
  • chrisgog
    Master Explorer
    i updated my drive connect tonight too. still nothing
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,315
     Superuser
    edited September 8
    Hi
    @chrisgog
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    The phone service has been suspended (Indefinitely)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step-by-Step Guide/Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

TomTom customer support by email….
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
    Note... This link is to one of the Tomtom Support site pages... You may have to login again using your Tomtom Email & Password...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • chrisgog
    Master Explorer
    I am now on the 3rd day after sending an email. I need tom tim to activate my traffic live service before I drive in France. Can someone please help
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Normally Tomtom Trafic services solved yesterday

Try the troubleshooting video

• chrisgog
    Master Explorer
    Message says Tom tom live services have expired. Factory reset and soft reset done numerous times. I have purchased new live services about 10 days ago. It has not been added to my services
  • chrisgog
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    The problem has been fixed. Tom tom replied to my email on the 3rd day. Its taken a lot of stress trying to fix this. No live chat or person to speak to is frustrating. Thank you though to those who responded on the forum and to my email. This was the problem to do with the serial number.......".the order was not activated directly on the device because the device serial number was not selected on the order page. May be you missed on to select the device on the check out page for which the services was purchased. This can be resolved by manual assignment of the services on the device. I have made the necessary changes and activated the services manually on the device."