Map update keeps disconnecting

19wentworth
19wentworth Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Traveler
edited September 4 in MyDrive Connect
My GO Premium X is taking ages to update maps. Not helped by keeping telling me the (wired connection) has disconnected. So far about 6 hours, and it's got to 54%.
Why is it so criminally slow and inefficient? absolute waste of space.
00;05 disconnected again. restarted saying it's at 51%. WTF.

Comments

• 19wentworth
    Apprentice Traveler
    Doesn't appear to let me comment on my own post ...
  • 19wentworth
    Apprentice Traveler
    Well , not if I'm being rude, apparently.
  • 19wentworth
    Apprentice Traveler
    Just disconnected (again). restarted, and gone back to 49%! i'D LIKE TO GO TO BED. But am afraid it will terminally f*** my TT. It really should not be this difficult.
  • 19wentworth
    Apprentice Traveler
    It's morning. Guess what. Left on overnight and greeted by "disconnected". restarts at 49%.
    I began this at 16:30 yesterday. It's now nearly 09:00.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    Hi @19wentworth

The GO Premium models are designed for adding new maps and updating loaded maps without any connection to a PC but can be connected to a power source if required except do not use a PC as a power source. Have you tried updating the Maps with your unit directly connected to your Wifi.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,316
     Superuser
    edited September 5
    Hi
    @19wentworth
    The latest Wi-Fi connected device like the GO Discover & GO Expert etc... Can connect to Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz networks
    The Previous generation of Wi-Fi Connected devices like your GO Premium will only connect to a Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz network....
    Or a USB cable Connection (+ MyDrive Connect running on your PC)

The earlier Wi-Fi Connected devices like your GO Premium normally update using Wi-Fi...
    Connect over Wi-Fi... See Option... (1) In the link below....

If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable....
    Connect over USB... See Option... (2) In the link below....

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1722678/#Comment_1722678

If you are still having problems updating, Try....
    Updating a Tomtom Wi-Fi device over USB... The (Wi-Fi) device requires the use of the (Wi-Fi) Device Onboard Menus....
    I've discovered a different way of updating the Wi-Fi devices.....
    Using the MyDrive Connect Menu structure... Instead of the onboard (Wi-Fi) Menu Structure....
    It works a treat, it's just like updating the previous NAV4 devices... But much faster as the (Wi-Fi) Devices update over USB on the fly i.e... No Download/Upload/Install....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • 19wentworth
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks both, but the TT IS connected directly to my PC and not using wi-fi. Despite the direct connection, the TT servers seem to keep disconnecting.