tomtom rider550-I want to set up multiple stops enroute to my destination address

armchairtraveller
armchairtraveller Registered Users Posts: 13
Master Explorer
Can I set up stops to my destination I don't want to use Plan my Route with the MyDrive Web Route planner as I am on the road(Italy).
I looked at plan a thrill but it seems to want to take me back to my start point!!

thanks

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    From the GPS map you can add a stage to your route zoomed to the maximum then select a stage on the map a new window opens click on add to your route.
  • armchairtraveller
    Master Explorer
    Sorry do not understand (rider550)
    I go to Menu I select a destination address then I zoom in to max does not help as I cannot see map apart from the street or do I zoom out max which does not help as I cannot see any towns/villages. When I try and select a place on the map in say 50% so I can see towns - nothing happens, no new window?

please explain simply in step by step actions -Rider550
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    You don't have to go to the menu
    After planning a route from A to B you launch the route on the GPS map you zoom in as much as possible with your finger you select a stop a window opens click on add.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,336
     Superuser
    Hi
    @armchairtraveller
    Using the Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    (1)... If you 'Save 'n' Sync' (GPX Track)... The device will follow the track like a Breadcrumb trail...
    The track is fixed, and the device will >> NOT << display the Stops or respond to Live Traffic... Also, a .GPX Track can be a little hit or miss for a complex journey
    I much prefer .ITN Routes, for me .GPX tracks for complex journeys are totally useless....
    I would suspect they would also be useless for most delivery drivers....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1708222/#Comment_1708222

(2).... The Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route the .ITN Route uses Stops... The Stops >> ARE << displayed on the screen when Navigating and the device will plan the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it....
    i.e... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route --> 'Skip Next Stop'....

For more Info/tips using the MDW Route planner....
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1707989/#Comment_1707989

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • armchairtraveller
    Master Explorer
    Willy are you using rider550 or are you guessing, please give slow instructions step by step as what you say makes no sense. I go to Search I type in my destination address,
    I select ride, then I touch the screen to add a stop off point -no it does not allow me to do that!?
  • armchairtraveller
    Master Explorer
    YamFazman You didn't read my post question I don't want to use My drive route planner as I have no route planned I am on the side of the road.

I want to type in my destination but want to stop off at different places enroute to my destination. and I don't want to stop(reset the satnav) when it says you have reached my first stop... I want it to continue taking me via my stops to my destination.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,336
     Superuser
    edited September 15
    Hi
    @armchairtraveller
    (Snip) I don't want to stop (reset the satnav) when it says you have reached my first stop... I want it to continue taking me via my stops to my destination.
    You don't have to stop and reset the satnav when you arrive at one of your planned 'Stops'...
    When you arrive the first stop the device will announce... "You have arrived at xxxxx stop"
    You simply ride on through to your next stop
    The device announces... "You have arrived at xxxxx stop"
    You ride on through to your next stop and so and so on until you reach your destination....

You only have to stop if you miss a stop....
    The device will then continuously attempt to guide you back to the missed stop...
    You then have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it and ride on to the next stop... Simples

Stay Safe... ATB YFM