Email changes on my account and on the My drive App!

SimonR550
SimonR550 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
It seems that most of the discussions on this topic are a few years old, however its still a nightmare to be able to quickly and simply swap over from a redundant email address to a fresh new one.
Most are indicating that a fresh reset is required to achieve this very simple change.
I need to do something as my current used address is being disconnected at the end Sept and do to continue using the account/app I have to swap the addresses over.
I've got all my Bluetooth connections ie Sat Nav/Cardo Packtalk Bold communications and my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra all linked to each other too.
Any suggestions from anyone greatfully received.
Tagged:

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,101
    Elite Voyager
    After a change of email address, a factory reset is required to erase the old email address.
  • SimonR550
    SimonR550 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    I've tried changing my email address on my account whilst logged into Tomtom via a browser but everytime I try and change it and save it, it reverts back to the original email used when I set up the account.

How do I change my email address on the account before resetting the Sat nav?
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Hi @SimonR550
    Perhaps the new email address wasn't getting saved in our backend database. Could you give it another try and see if it works?

Or another workaround would be to create a new TomTom account.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,316
     Superuser
    edited September 5
    Hi
    @SimonR550
    Are there any of these characters (Banned for use in file names by Microsoft) in the email address ???
    8vgd3ikxkk5h.jpg
    + A space between characters

Stay Safe... ATB YFM