"item was not valid after installation" what should i do???

Arto1234
Arto1234 Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
edited September 5 in Built in car navigation
hello. what i have done, is that i was needed to reset factory setting to change language...that was ended well. everythin was worked fine, maps was there etc... then i start to make some update via tomtom home. all maps was dissapeared and now im not able to download new one!! device is empty, only says that no map. there is no any menu there that i can reset factory setting again. could someone help me with this?? cant even donwload maps to my computer that i could try load map to device manually. And its not firewall issue..i disabled firewall.

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Arto1234

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK advises after he has reviewed your unit on the TT servers.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,540
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Arto1234
    A different version of the map has been activated on your account, try downloading this map using TomTom HOME application.

Thanks,
    Vikram

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Arto1234

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK advises after he has reviewed your unit on the TT servers.

Doug
  • Arto1234
    New Seeker
    Okay, i will do that. Thaks!
  • KingJohnPremium
    KingJohnPremium Registered Users Posts: 16
    Outstanding Explorer
    Isn't there a press and hold button, or a hole in the back to do a reset, dont need a menu for that then.?
  • Arto1234
    New Seeker
    Yes, there is reset button but that really doesnt do anything. Only boot device up. I still got "not map found" message and not able to donwload new one.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,540
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Arto1234
    A different version of the map has been activated on your account, try downloading this map using TomTom HOME application.

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • Arto1234
    New Seeker
    Thank you for advice. Its now downloading the map, i guess. I have to choose smaller map, only northern europe cause of too small memery size.

Fingers cross that map installed correctly!
    I will be back soon.
  • Arto1234
    New Seeker
    Its working!!! Map is there with menus etc. Thank you guys!
    I hit the road soon and test that it really functions. I will be back if some other issues shows up.