No voice after Tomtom restarts

Drive2004
Drive2004 Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Traveler
edited September 2 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I keep loosing Serena's voice after Tomtom restarts. I have done factory resetting number of times but nothing seems to work. When I connect it to Mydrive connect, everything works as it should until I turn the the device off. Definitely the problem is not about volume being on mute.

P.S. Recorded voices just keeps on repeating "Then" without any guidance.

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Hi @Drive2004
    Welcome to the community! Does a recovery mode, clean reinstallation of the firmware help?

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Drive2004
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Vikram, Thanks.

As mentioned in the post, I did reset multiple times and it did not help.

As per the instruction shown in the video, I do not get that white text after I hard press for 20 seconds. On the contrary, it just restarts.

Regards,

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    edited September 2
    Hi @Drive2004

Which model TT unit do you have.

If it is a Discover, Expert or the latest Camper unit to get to the White letters is different. Start the unit then when ready to use Press and hold in the ON/OFF button. As soon as the word Tomtom appears Release and repress the ON/Off button.

If it is an older device then Press and Hold the ON/OFF button until the white letters appear which is after Tomtom appears and the Drumroll is heard.

Doug
  • Drive2004
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited September 2
    I have Tomtom start 60. When press hold button following happens:

1. After a few second I get (Sleep and Turnoff) option (---I ignore)
    2. Then after a few second of pressing Tomtom simply restarts with drumroll sound (--I release the button)
    3. Still no voice and I can only here "then"

• Drive2004
    Apprentice Traveler
    Also, if I am completely resetting the device via settings/system/Reset device (at leas 20 times now). So will this procedure do anything different even if it works?
  • Drive2004
    Apprentice Traveler
    Update: I managed to do the firmware reset as shown in the video. However, it did not help.

Serena voice immediately gone after restart. Other voices keep on repeating "then" "then".

Any other help/suggestion/workaround?
  • Drive2004
    Apprentice Traveler
    UP