Brand new out the box and can't connect to WIFI, two feet from the router?

Polyhive
Polyhive Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Explorer
I've had TT for many years now but this is a first. £360 that just don't work out the box. As for the "support" as in what support? Everything I find referring to wifi says once connected.... ARGH I can't damn well connect. Oh, and the so called chat bot don't work, nor can I access TT services... we're having trouble accessing.... yes well so am I.

I think it may be time to dip a toe in to the world of Garmin. Because at this price I am feeling distinctly ripped off TT.

Comments

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,953
     Superuser
    If you want us to help you, you should tell us which device you have.
  • Teecee259
    Teecee259 Registered Users Posts: 72
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    All devices have a problem. Still waiting for someone from TomTom to have the decency to come out and tell us what the issues are for updating the Expert 7. So it doesn't matter what device we have there are issues with all of them that no one will take responsibility for.
  • b4u2
    b4u2 Registered Users Posts: 58
    Outstanding Explorer
    When they work, it's amazing but do constantly have all sorts of problems.
    about time tomtom get it right and make something bug free which is perfect.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,331
     Superuser
    edited September 1
    Hi
    @Polyhive
    Polyhive wrote: »
    Brand new out the box and can't connect to WIFI, two feet from the router?
    (Snip) As for the "support" as in what support? Everything I find referring to Wi-Fi says once connected....
    ARGH I can't damn well connect.
    Oh, and the so-called chat bot don't work, nor can I access TT services... we're having trouble accessing.... (Snip)

You haven't stated your Tomtom Device/Model in your Post or in your Profile....
    The various Tomtom Models/Devices will have different problems solutions and fixes....

Contacting Tomtom Support….
    The phone service has been suspended (Indefinitely)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step-by-Step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

TomTom customer support by email….
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
    Note... This link is to one of the Tomtom Support site pages... You may have to login again using your Tomtom Email & Password...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM