TomTom Go Professional 620 & MyDrive Connect

R3zzie
R3zzie Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
I cannot get the MyDrive Connect app on my PC (Windows 11 OS) to recognise my TomTom 620. Thus it will not show up in the app. I have followed all of the troubleshooting tips to no avail. The one thing to note is that Device Manager on Windows TomTom is not showing any drivers within the Network Adapters section.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,953
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Sorry for the question, but why do you want to connect it to MyDrive Connect.
    Normally it is enough if you connect it at home with the router via wifi and can then make map updates etc. without PC.
    What map version is on the device? Current is 1095, if you have it your device is already up to date.
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    I use MyDrive Connect somtimes only when i load th big Map Update that i can get the Internetconnection over USB Cable.
    Router-LanCable-PC-USB acble-Device
    But even then I don't log into MyDrive Connet, I just use it as an internet bridge. I then also make the update via the display of the SatNav. Felt the 8GB Europe map then go faster.
    For small Maps or Speedcams i use only wifi

Answers

• Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Sorry for the question, but why do you want to connect it to MyDrive Connect.
    Normally it is enough if you connect it at home with the router via wifi and can then make map updates etc. without PC.
    What map version is on the device? Current is 1095, if you have it your device is already up to date.
  • R3zzie
    R3zzie Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    I do have the latest map version. Having not used MyConnect for some time I assumed there was some kind of advantage/reason for using it.
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    I use MyDrive Connect somtimes only when i load th big Map Update that i can get the Internetconnection over USB Cable.
    Router-LanCable-PC-USB acble-Device
    But even then I don't log into MyDrive Connet, I just use it as an internet bridge. I then also make the update via the display of the SatNav. Felt the 8GB Europe map then go faster.
    For small Maps or Speedcams i use only wifi