GO5000 keeps restarting

jota
jota Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Seeker
Some times my Go 5000 keeps restarting. When I disable MyDrive synchronisation in services the problem goes away.
What can be the problem? How can I solve this?
Thanks for any help,
Jeroen Verstegen

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    Hi @jota

It is an issue a few seem to have. Hopefully TT are looking into in the meantime you don't need My Drive to be syncing during normal use you only need it when updating you account when any My Places are added or deleted or you need to receive a saved route or a destination or stops you have sent to your devices.

Doug
  • jota
    jota Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Doug!
    I will switch sync off. Strange that it sometimes works fine and then sometimes after a restart it doesn't.
    Anyway let's hope they come with a solution someday,

Jeroen
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,315
     Superuser
    edited September 1
    Hi
    @jota
    I also find that logging out of 'MyDrive' in the Setting menus on the device is beneficial....
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only require to enter the password, the device remembers the email address....
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again....

NAV4 Devices... Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    Later NAV4 (Wi-Fi) Connected devices... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

I guess the fewer Data Connections in use on the device, at any one time, the less load on system resources ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM