Permitted number of places you can have saved

Tarlachmoorhouse
Tarlachmoorhouse Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
When I try to add a new place I get the error message "Unable to add more places", does anyone know if there is an actual limit on the number of places you can have in the IOS app. I have removed and re-installed the app as was suggested in another thread but this hasn't resolved the issue, I using the latest version of both IOS and the TomTom app, on a iPhone SE 2022, 64Gb with 8Gb free.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    edited September 1
    Hi @Tarlachmoorhouse
    Welcome to the community, sorry for my late reply!
    We are checking this with our team, could you confirm the number of favourites you have previously stored in your GO Nav app?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Tarlachmoorhouse
    Apprentice Seeker
    Is there a simple way of looking up the number, or will I need to swipe through and count them ?

Thanks

John
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,101
    Elite Voyager
    The total number of stars is not displayed, you must count the number of stars on your GPS one by one.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,486
    Community Manager
    The maximum number is 255.
  • Tarlachmoorhouse
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for this, it would appear that I have stumbled on a discrepancy between the app and the MyDrive web service.

I can add more places into the MyDrive using either https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb or the new beta service https://plan.tomtom.com/en/ and these new ones will transfer to the app, version 3.2.2 on ios 15.6.1

But version 3.2.2 does not allow adding places directly in the app, generating the error message "Unable to add more places".

I have also just tried add a further place using the MyDrive app on the iPhone (Version 2.13.2), and this again works fine, although a bit slow as is normal on the MyDrive app.

It would be good if this discrepancy could be resolved.

• CobaltSteer
    CobaltSteer Registered Users Posts: 15
    Outstanding Explorer
    Jürgen wrote: »
    The maximum number is 255.

Why have a limit at all, seems quite a limitation considering how technology has moved on from the limited days of 1MB storage options !!
  • Tarlachmoorhouse
    Apprentice Seeker
    Not convinced there actually is a limit, as if you see my post at 8:30 this morning, I can easily exceed the apparent limit in the app on both the web interface and the MyDrive app, I really don't mind if there has to be a limit, what I'm struggling with is the inconsistency with the ways that you can create places, and weirdly different limits dependent on where you are trying to create places, app / Mydrive / web interface.

John