Problem with Map

raiofsunshine
raiofsunshine Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I've just connected my TomTom Go 520 (M2) to my PC for the first time in a while to do an update, not realising it was end-of-line. Having done an update I turned my system back on to update some locations only to get the message "You cannot use this map on this device: Western_Europe-575".
My TomTom now won't go any further than this notification and I can't seem to find a way to restore the map that was previously on my device.
Please can someone assist - I need my device for a trip later in the week

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @raiofsunshine
    Welcome to the community! The original map has been activated on the account; since it's an old version, I am not sure if we still have it available on our servers.

Can you connect the device to TomTom HOME and check for updates?

Thanks,
    Vikram

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    Elite Voyager
    Your GO 520 has been declared end of life by Tomtom, it is no longer possible to update it or buy a map via Tomtom Home
    Look on your computer, you must have a backup.
  • raiofsunshine
    New Seeker
    Yes, I now realise it's been declared end of life and that I can't update it any more. Unfortunately I don't have a backup on my current computer.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    Elite Voyager
    Too bad not to have made a backup on the old GPS, it was very easy to make a backup (even recommended) on the computer.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    Hi @raiofsunshine

Look back here tomorrow to see if @VikramK is able to sort the map issue for you.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @raiofsunshine
    Welcome to the community! The original map has been activated on the account; since it's an old version, I am not sure if we still have it available on our servers.

Can you connect the device to TomTom HOME and check for updates?

Thanks,
    Vikram

• raiofsunshine
    New Seeker
    Hi @VikramK

There was a 'Postcode location' update available which I downloaded and installed onto my TomTom.

Unfortunately I still had the same issue when I turned on my TomTom. When I tried selecting the 'Western Europe' map I still had the same error.