TomTom Go on Volvo AAOS?

eltjopoort
eltjopoort Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hi, I just got a brand new Volvo V60 with AAOS infotainment system. I was hoping to find TomTom Go on the car's playstore, but alas... only Google maps and some other satnav app. Does anyone know if there's a way to add it? And if it requires someone at Volvo and/or TomTom to do something, is that being worked at?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

do you have Android auto on your Volvo? download the Tomtom Go application on your smartphone then connect your smartphone to your car...

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

do you have Android auto on your Volvo? download the Tomtom Go application on your smartphone then connect your smartphone to your car...
  • eltjopoort
    eltjopoort Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    The solution I have now is to run TomTom Go on my iPhone and connect through Apple carplay. I don't have an android phone. It sort of works, but due to the idiosynchrasies of Apple Carplay it requires me to physically connect the phone to the car. A bit of a nuisance. I'd much rather just run the app on the car's AAOS.
  • Athome-nl
    Athome-nl Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    AAOS is a nice system but seems to be very limited in offered apps.
    I am not suppried TomTom Go is not available in AAOS. Therefore Android Auto or Apple Carplay is your solution for now