Wrong Italian translation in Croatia

itzshoummoalt
itzshoummoalt Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
The city of Starigrad-Packlenica in italian is translated as "cittavecchia", when it should be "Ortopula", and I can't find a way to report it on mapshare. Cittavecchia belongs to starigrad, and not Starigrad-Packlenica

Comments

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 448
    Supreme Pioneer
  • Shawnloveshorses161
    Shawnloveshorses161 CanadaPosts: 59
    Superuser
    Good morning,

I would love to report the issue for you, but I do not fully understand the problem. Kindly report back the affected cities' coordinates and the correct names (Italian and English).

thanks,

Shawn
  • itzshoummo
    itzshoummo Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Good morning,

I would love to report the issue for you, but I do not fully understand the problem. Kindly report back the affected cities' coordinates and the correct names (Italian and English).

thanks,

Shawn

Good Afternoon! So, the city of Starigrad-Packlenica (44.295115973579456, 15.438510011978977) should be translated in italian as Ortopula (in-map it's Cittavecchia right now).
    Cittavecchia translation belongs to Stari Grad (43.18456031620332, 16.599199472529374)

thanking you
    shoummo
  • Shawnloveshorses161
    Superuser
    edited September 13
    Good morning,

I have reported the following by altering the mapshare to the Italian mode:

1. Reported the town name of "Cittavecchia" to be changed to "Ortopula".

2. Reported the town name of "Stari Grad" to be changed to "Cittavecchia".

Maybe TomTom is using the data from Wiki as why it is incorrect - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stari_Grad,_Croatia? Or it could be OpenStreet Maps has a wrong data, can you checkc?

When the map feedback has been accepted, it will be rolled out in the next map update, likely next Monday but some devices only get updates quarterly per year.

if you have any other map concerns, do reply back.
  • Shawnloveshorses161
    Superuser
    Good morning,

Quick update that the feedback has been accepted, we shall now wait for it to be rolled out to the maps :)