Does the GO Premium screen have the contrast and brightness badly?

Aurelio2022
Aurelio2022 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited August 26 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
On Monday of this week, I bought A Tomtom Go Premium from Amazon. I have had to return because the screen is with colors off, without contrast and with little shine. As there is no control of the contrast, I imagine that the problem is that of the brightness. As I also have a Go 6200 I have put them together and the difference is huge, because the brightness of the GO 6200 is good and that of the GO Premium is much worse. The problem is that I do not know if the unit that Amazón gave me is bad or that the Premium Tomtom has a screen with a bad contrast and brightness. If someone can tell me anything about it, I would appreciate it.
I do not know whether to ask Amazon again to another unit of the GO Premium and verify that the previous unit had a specific problem, or that it is a generalized problem in GO Premium. At least in the units that are sold on Amazon. Someone can tell me something?

Best Answer

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,316
     Superuser
    edited August 27 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Aurelio2022
    The screen brightness of My GO 6200 and GO Premium devices look identical, both devices are set to 100%....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Display --> Brightness 100%....

Just a thought !!!
    Have you accidentally set the Automatic switching of Day/Night Map colours to off ???
    There's an anomaly in the Day/Night switching, where if you change the setting during the hours of darkness to off....
    The switching to Daytime Map colours never happens....

During the Daytime hours the the Night colours are OFF
    Therefore the Icon is slashed through
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Day/Night Icon screen bottom right
    141b2a92-6c52-4882-aa3b-faab8c911998.jpg
    Main Day/Night auto settings menu....
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Display... Switch to night colours when dark (Default ON)

For further Info see... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1131453/#Comment_1131453

ATB YFM

Answers

• YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 26
    Hi

Aurelio2022
    Welcome to the site....
    Are you using the Tomtom Suppled Power Adapter & USB Cable ???
    The Previous NAV4 and Later Wi-Fi Connected devices are quite power hungry and can go into "Power saving mode" if not supplied with enough power...
    At an (Undisclosed) percentage of battery discharge, the device will try to save its power requirements by >> dimming << the screen and eventually powers off the device....
    Devices with a built-in SIM Card may also lose Live Traffic services
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1807438/#Comment_1807438

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Aurelio2022
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited August 26
    Hello,
    I always use the cable. And the comparison between GO 6200 and GO Premium, I made the two with cable. Cable plugged into the car cigarette lighter.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 27 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Aurelio2022
    The screen brightness of My GO 6200 and GO Premium devices look identical, both devices are set to 100%....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Display --> Brightness 100%....

Just a thought !!!
    Have you accidentally set the Automatic switching of Day/Night Map colours to off ???
    There's an anomaly in the Day/Night switching, where if you change the setting during the hours of darkness to off....
    The switching to Daytime Map colours never happens....

During the Daytime hours the the Night colours are OFF
    Therefore the Icon is slashed through
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Day/Night Icon screen bottom right
    141b2a92-6c52-4882-aa3b-faab8c911998.jpg
    Main Day/Night auto settings menu....
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Display... Switch to night colours when dark (Default ON)

For further Info see... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1131453/#Comment_1131453

ATB YFM

• Aurelio2022
    Apprentice Seeker
    The change of day/night I have correct.
    If you tell me that the brightness of Go 6200 and Go Premium are 100%similar, then it occurs that this unit they gave me is in bad conditions. My question right now is whether it is only a unit or is a series manufactured.
    I can ask Amazon another unit, but if that unit has the problem that the previous one, Amazon will think that I am weird, if I return it too. :/