Missing POIs on my GO60?

WhiteSapphire
WhiteSapphire Registered Users Posts: 46
Sovereign Trailblazer
Can anyone tell me how, or even if, it's possible to reinstall my POI data to my GO60. This feature disappeared after a map update some weeks ago. According to the instructions on the device itself, it should be easy, but on following those instructions, I end right back where I started from, with no POIs, not even an POI icon in the menu.

I'm trying to rebuild what should already be there, but seemed to get lost in the heat of summer.

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,540
    Hi @WhiteSapphire
    When you log in to your account in MyDrive web, do you see your saved POI listed there?
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com/

Also, helpful link (user manual)- http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/new_GO/html/en-gb/index.htm#Savingandrestoringyourpersonalnavigationinformation-MyDrive-CONNECTED.htm

Regards,
    Vikram
  • WhiteSapphire
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Hi Vikram,

Unfortunately, I see nothing. I am invited to to select a file (.ov2 file) but when I click on the button, no such files exist I'm afraid. I'm not so much concerned about any places I could have added myself - There never were any. What I'd like to restore are the default POIs which were present when the device was new, and were still present until about a month ago. Useful to know are the locations of places like, hospitals, GP practices, post offices, museums, libraries etc. etc. all of which were already load from factory.

Best regards
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

Go to Menu > Settings > System > select > Reset device.
  • WhiteSapphire
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    That's the first thing I tried! It was supposed to give a "factory reset" but it didn't. It just cleared all my past routes and left the devices exactly as it was prior to the "reset". It didn't restore the factory defaults, and it's the factory defaults that I'm after.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,336
     Superuser
    edited August 29
    Hi
    @WhiteSapphire
    That's the first thing I tried! It was supposed to give a "factory reset" but it didn't. It just cleared all my past routes and left the devices exactly as it was prior to the "reset". It didn't restore the factory defaults, and it's the factory defaults that I'm after.
    Just a thought ???
    Were you using Quick search (Default & the best) or the Step-by-Step search option ???
    A Factory Reset will set the Quick search engine as the default option....
    Did your old Search menu screen look like this....

6ar6xbzebhqo.jpg
    If 'Yes'... You were using the Step-by-Step Search engine ???
    Check if the Step-by-Step search mode has been selected...
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a search mode...

Maybe useful.... Using the superior Quick Search Engine for a Categorized POI search....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a search mode... Select the far superior 'Quick search' option...
    Try a Categorized POI search, initially just search for "Railway station"
    Method....
    e.g... To show the POI's for Birmingham UK Railway stations on the map, work your way down to option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap (....) 4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the Search Icon
    Type rail (Or as much of the word that’s required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column)
    Tap the offered "Railway station" (top of the right-hand column)

Note.... The initial offering (Right-hand column) will be a local search of your current location....
    For other Search options Tap the 'Whole Map' button screen top right....
    (1)... Near me
    (2)... In a Town or City
    (3)... Along route (With a route planned)
    (4)... Near destination ((With a route planned)
    (5)... Latitude & Longitude

The Main search area turns blue and "Railway station" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the town/city of the required Station, Type birm (Or as much of the word that's required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column

You now have two options
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles
    (1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the Birmingham Railway Stations in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the Birmingham Railway Station POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail)
    There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

Stay safe... ATB YFM