Install a map on my 32 Gb micro SD card? (GO60)

WhiteSapphire
WhiteSapphire Registered Users Posts: 46
Sovereign Trailblazer
Can anyone tell me how to install a map on my 32Gb micro SD card in my GO60?

Having previously had problems with lost maps and unrecognised SD cards, I have finally found a card that this device will accept and format properly. The card is now visible in 'My Drive Connect' but when I try to install/update my map, the device, or MDC, or whatever always defaults to the device internal memory, which is not big enough to take the newer maps, so I end up being fobbed off with lesser maps, i.e. without buildings, without Russian mapping, or with large areas of Europe omitted.

All I want is the same level of mapping that came originally installed - My current SD card is more than big enough, so how do I install the maps there, instead of in internal memory?

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,336
     Superuser
    edited August 25
    Hi
    @WhiteSapphire
    Re... 8GB NAV4 Device's & Catch22...
    The early Maps fitted easily onto the GO 5000 8 GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update....
    The Map size now exceeds the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices, this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9 GB....

Maybe useful...
    Updating the device using the 'MyDrive Connect' 'MY CONTENTS' tab
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1145486/8gb-nav4-devices-catch22-installing-maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • WhiteSapphire
    WhiteSapphire Registered Users Posts: 46
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Hello,

Yes, I have it sorted now, but I had to resort to jiggery-pokery to get there.

A new 32Gb card is impossible to find where I live - 64Gb are plentiful, you can get them anywhere! So in the end I bought a 64GB SanDisk to put into my dashcam, and took the 32Gb Sandisk from the dashcam and repurposed it to my Sat-Nav. The Sat-Nav happily recognised this card and offered to format it, so I formatted it for storage of maps. From there, I was able to reinstall the full European map with UK and Ireland buildings on to the card. So now, I have the "Europe South and West" in the device's internal memory, and the "Europe + UK and Ireland buildings" on the 32Gb card.

So far, all seems well, all except my missing POIs as described in the other thread.

Best regards