How do I recover a missing USA map?

Beechie82
Beechie82 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited September 5 in Devices using TomTom HOME
Hi,
I recently tried to update my old Tom Tom Go 950 and clicked through a few options when connecting my Tom Tom to my laptop. I received a message stating that I didn't have sufficient space on my device so I unselected the USA map thinking I could just re-install it later. Now i'm unsure if deleted the map by unselecting the checkbox but I can't find the USA map in my TomTomUpgrade>HOME>Download folder.
Seeing as my device is so old, I can't update existing maps nor purchase/install new maps.
Have I permanently lost my USA map?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,101
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

Normally you must have a backup of your card on your computer
    Go 950 is no longer supported by Tomtom, so there are no more updates available.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,101
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

Normally you must have a backup of your card on your computer
    Go 950 is no longer supported by Tomtom, so there are no more updates available.
  • KingJohnPremium
    KingJohnPremium Registered Users Posts: 16
    Outstanding Explorer
    edited September 4
    We all had this problem, tomtom give a lifetime updates to maps, but only the lifetime if the unit had internal memory for the map to fit on. So the maps got bigger and bigger and the last update was too large to fit on the internal memory. So now they say the lifetime of the unit has finished.

Cant install an old map thats smaller, so thats it now. You could ask if they can make an old map available for you, they did it years ago, but dont know if they would do it now

I made sure after the 750 would not update, that the next model i buy must have an external memory card, thats future proof, so far '

Premium x has external memory, i installed the uk and Ireland internally and uk and parts of Europe externally.

Internal map loads faster

So must be a uk and Europe or all of the usa split up into chunks, model with external memory card. If it runs out of room internally it will ask to install it externally, and you can buy very large memory cards to keep up

So far so good after many years

Backup could be illegal, breaking tomtom copyright

Btw tomtom 6200 was great, i bought the premium x only because it had ifttt and now they removed that now, so the premium x is no better than a 6200 that i know of

4 edits so far as i remember things, ha ha

So what usa map did you get, here the UK map got too big, so now i buy a European model, but can only install sections, so did you just get one state? Im not sure how they sell the USA maps, is it it per state?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    edited September 5
    Hi @Beechie82

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say. He may be able to restore the USA map to your account but it will depend whether there is still a copy on the TT servers.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Hi @Beechie82
    The map of USA has been reactivated on your account, check for updates in TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram