go expert activation live traffic and speed cameras

Rebecca123
Rebecca123 Registered Users Posts: 13
Master Explorer
edited August 25 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi Vikram,

I bought a brand new "Go Expert" yesterday. However, Live Traffic and Speedcam-Update seems to be not activated.
Perhaps the problem is that my other TomTom devices' subscriptions that are connected to my account email are expired?
Can you help me out please?
The device S/N is YC7xxxxxxxxxx35 (0).

Thanks
Rebecca

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,527
    @Rebecca123
    Hi Rececca,
    The services (Traffic and Speed Cameras) on your GO Expert are already activated.
    Have you paired it with a smartphone for data connectivity and tested it on a planned route?

Regards,
    Vikram.

• Rebecca123
    Master Explorer
    Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your answer. So far I only have charged the device at home and did connect it via WIFI to the Internet. Usually it should show now all the traffic near by (in different colours depending on the traffic), shouldn't it?
  • Rebecca123
    Master Explorer
    Now I also tried to plan a route, but still it shows no traffic, and no speed cameras. Is the connection via WIFI usually not working?
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,527
    Hi Rebecca123
    Could you do a soft reset and take the device outside under clear sky and let it find a GPS signal?
    Then bring is back within the WiFi range and see if it shows LIVE Traffic.

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Rebecca123
    Master Explorer
    Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your advice. Now I did do as you said, it did find a GPS signal, even while I was within the WiFi range. I tried several soft reset (turn off and on again, is that what it takes?), but still no Live Traffic...
    But it does show now "activated" at the info screen under Live Traffic. So this is already much better.
    Do you have another idea how to solve the issue?
    Thanks,
    Rebecca123