How to Fix update infinite Loop error Go 5000?

Mendh
Mendh Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
Hi

After recent update my Tomtom get into infinite loop of updating the device. when I troll the internet i found numerous complains on same issue and noticed no one able to fix this problem. That is also mean there is bug in Tomtom Software or possible intention from tomtom to make device useless. Well as an IT engineer I did every thing and go thought with all the suggestions on community pages. I hope any one tried differently to fix this issue?

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Mendh

Have you got an extra memory card installed and how much free memory do you have on the internal memory and the extra memory card if fitted.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Mendh

Have you got an extra memory card installed and how much free memory do you have on the internal memory and the extra memory card if fitted.

Doug
  • Mendh
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Dough

I have 32gb memory card installed and more than half of memory is available to use. While trouble shooting I took the card out but the device continued looping on updating Speed Cameras which I believe installed on device. I took the following steps to fix the issue with no luck

- Soft Reset
    - Hard Reset / Recovery Mode
    - Uninstall and re-install my drive / Cache Cleared
    - Installed Mydrive into different Laptop
    - Removed SD card and did soft and hard reset

No Luck so far
    Thanks
  • Mendh
    Apprentice Seeker
    Also because of infinity loop I'm unable to delete anything from the device.