My GO 500, with full internal memory, gets stuck on updates

Aliocha
Aliocha Registered Users Posts: 6
New Seeker
I've installed MyDrive Connect, the device (GO 500) gets connected to it and updates are shown, ready to be started even if the internal memory is full and the microSD is empty (formatted by the device to store maps in it).
Same problem every time: the PC downloads the necessary and at the moment of sending it to the device it simply gets stuck, not even showing any process percentage.
I tried to delete the HOME3 folder located at C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3\cache, as mentioned in a previous discussion, but I could not find any HOME3\cache in my computer. I could only find HOME\download or \from device or \sharing, but these folders seem all to be empty

What can I do?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Aliocha
    We have activated a different map of Europe on your account. This map should get offered in smaller map regions/countries.
    Could you try few steps as below-

1. Remove the memory card and format it on a computer.
    2. Without inserting the memory card, connect the device and check for updates.
    3. Download a small map region/country that will fit easily on the internal memory.
    4. Disconnect the device and do a soft reset.
    5. Insert the memory card and format it when the device prompts.
    6. Connect the device to the computer and check for new map updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Aliocha
    We have activated a different map of Europe on your account. This map should get offered in smaller map regions/countries.
    Could you try few steps as below-

1. Remove the memory card and format it on a computer.
    2. Without inserting the memory card, connect the device and check for updates.
    3. Download a small map region/country that will fit easily on the internal memory.
    4. Disconnect the device and do a soft reset.
    5. Insert the memory card and format it when the device prompts.
    6. Connect the device to the computer and check for new map updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Aliocha
    New Seeker
    Hi Vikram,
    Thanks for your quick answer
    Steps 1 to 5 are done without problem.
    Step 6: my TomTom sees my memory card but apparently do not accept it (appears "light grey" on my PC screen "my drive connect"). Therefore, I cannot update my large map of Europe, as I get the message "not enough memory space"
    My memory card is a MicroSDHC (Micro Secure Digital High Capacity) 32 Go and should be compatible.
    Thanks again for you help
    Kind regards,
    Aliocha
  • Aliocha
    New Seeker
    Hi Vikram,
    I tried again and could finally solve my problem and update the map on my TomTom.
    Thanks a lot for your help!
    Aliocha