I have lost 'My Car' on ToMRom Camper

Ancient_AliG
Ancient_AliG Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
edited September 7 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi. I am not sure whether I have a bug but when I go into setting on my Camper the Car icon (where I can set the car and caravan) has disappeared.
Can anyone offer assistance please
Tagged:

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Ancient_AliG

In order to have the option to select a Car or a Car and Caravan then a map which has Camper in its name is required. So for example Europe Camper map will do routes for Car and Caravan whereas a map which just says Europe is for Car routing only.

Doug
  • Ancient_AliG
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you all who replied.

Europe camper map installed and Car Type icon returned enabling to select car only or Car & Caravan.

Kind regards

Allan

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    edited August 24
    Hi

Do you have the camping map to install?

Have you tried going to Menu > Settings > System > Select > Reset Device.
  • Ancient_AliG
    New Seeker
    Initially the voice directions stopped working so decided to do a'reset device'. I have done that and resysnced to my Drive etc all ok but in settings I do not have the car symbol so cannot change when I have caravan connected.
  • Ancient_AliG
    New Seeker
    Map - no I don't have the camping map. I have the UK map installed.

The car icon was in settings previously so would switch between car only and car & Caravan but it has now disappeared.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Ancient_AliG

If you go to the PC software that does your updating etc can you find the Camper Map. If you can then download it and the Car/Caravan option will then be available.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    You must install the camping card to have the car with the caravan.
  • Ancient_AliG
    New Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Ancient_AliG

If you go to the PC software that does your updating etc can you find the Camper Map. If you can then download it and the Car/Caravan option will then be available.

Doug

The updates are all done via the device. I have just checked the software and its says 'up to date'. So I am unsure what you mean by the Camper Map as I have not come across that before

• Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    You have downloaded the map of Europe to download the map of the motorhome > Settings in the main menu, then select Maps select the map of the campsite
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Ancient_AliG

In order to have the option to select a Car or a Car and Caravan then a map which has Camper in its name is required. So for example Europe Camper map will do routes for Car and Caravan whereas a map which just says Europe is for Car routing only.

Doug
  • Ancient_AliG
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you all who replied.

Europe camper map installed and Car Type icon returned enabling to select car only or Car & Caravan.

Kind regards

Allan