Tomtom update my Go 500 lifetime euro map

wguk
wguk Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
my device is Go 500 lifetime euro map, the last time I did update was in 2019, and then pandemic began, so haven't update since then, and now the pandemic almost gone, I tried to connect to my pc to update, then found out that it can't be updated simply because I haven't done update regularly and lost the license, the guy on the phone asked me to pay £140 to reactivate the license to get update. the product is lifetime map update, it should still be free even customers don't do update regularly, customers have the rights to choose when to update. why tomtom doing this?

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Hi @wguk
    Welcome to the community! I think you probably landed on a scamming support website pretending to be official TomTom support.

Map updates are already active for your TomTom (serial number ending 308)
    Open MyDrive Connect > My Content tab > Scroll down to the maps section and check for the offered updates.

h4elpvy4n1ie.png

lg0jhs0tbbm2.png

Regards,
    Vikram.

• wguk
    wguk Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    thank you so much for your reply, now I'm updating all the maps.

when I tried yesterday, I clicked update from Tomtom official website, a pop up saying one of support staff will contact me, then a guy with Indian accent called me trying to let me to pay for the update service. I didn't realised this was a cam then, but refused to pay. Glad I have the right support right now. really appreciate it!

we should warn all other tomtom customers about this scam!