Arrival time not correct in tomtomgo app

leku53
leku53 Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Traveler
arrival time in tomtomgo android app not correct, it look that the app uses wintertime, or so, example actual time 20:00 for a drive of 1hr and 30 minute it calculate and shows arrival time as 20:30 instead of 21:30.

App is latest version from google

Best Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,905
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Do you have a Samsung Smartphone?
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    In the German Part of this Forum i read that this happens to some Samsung Smartphones.
    It looks like they are not interpreting the time correctly from the GPS signal.
    You can close the app completely, turn off the tracking of the smartphone and then plan a route without tracking (arrow must remain gray).
    Is the arrival time correct then?

Answers

• Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Do you have a Samsung Smartphone?
  • leku53
    Apprentice Traveler
    yes i do have a samsung S7 edge, dare and time are set as automatically, and for a few weeks ago it did work as it should work but now not, don't know what's going on.
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    In the German Part of this Forum i read that this happens to some Samsung Smartphones.
    It looks like they are not interpreting the time correctly from the GPS signal.
    You can close the app completely, turn off the tracking of the smartphone and then plan a route without tracking (arrow must remain gray).
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    For Information the link to the german part:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1819591/#Comment_1819591

I hope that Samsung brings a fix for it
  • leku53
    Apprentice Traveler
    strange, because it did have worked till a week or so ago, now suddenly it does not work anymore maybe the latest update from Google have an issue, would like to get one or two older version of the app to see if this solves the problem
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    Can you try this? Personally, I would be interested to know if this is true, that without location the arrival time is correct.
  • leku53
    Apprentice Traveler
    gps app show the gps time, it's at this moment 21:22 utc time, and local time is 23:22.
    Tomtom app does calculates the arrival time wrong, defently a bug in the app.

How to get this escalated to the app developers from tomtom
  • leku53
    Apprentice Traveler
    Can you try this? Personally, I would be interested to know if this is true, that without location the arrival time is correct.

Yes i did try it, and yes it gives the correct arrival time, however if you then activate gps, it goes nuts, because the arrival time will be earlier then the actual time.
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Thank You for testing /confirming.
    I think that only the next Android Patch or the next App Version can solve the situation.
  • leku53
    Apprentice Traveler
    there will be no android patch for S7, so the only solution would be that the Tomtom app developers fix there shit.

it worked before, so for sure in there update or beta app did something go wrong, i would love to get an older version
  • Keith Divall
    Keith Divall Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    have the same issue on an S9, everything up to date, did reset ,and deleted and reinstall, but the arrival time is one hour wrong.
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    On my Samsung Galaxy A51 all fine.
    So no general problem.
    hw42kt85f6kl.jpg
  • leku53
    Apprentice Traveler
    ok, means that this problem is related to S7, S8 and maybe S9 and higher phones

Strange that it did work early off August, and now it does not work anymore.

really strange

• MUP
    MUP Posts: 732
    Superuser
    If someone got this firmware mentioned below (OTA patch by Samsung) in the last two weeks,
    then you have to wait for the next for Google Play Store (that's not a lib for apps, more a framework) + Services update, but both unfortunately broken done by Google).

If you dont want to wait look at this
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-32-0-20-release/

G93FXXU8EVG3
    G95FXXUCDVG4
    N950FXXUGDVG5
  • leku53
    Apprentice Traveler
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-32-0-20-release/

Did download this apk, and installed it, but unfortunate no succes.
  • Athome-nl
    Athome-nl Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    I have the same problem with my Galaxy S9. It appeared somewere in the past few weeks.
  • leku53
    Apprentice Traveler
    Try to find an update, my S7 which did not had updates after 2020, Samsung policy, did got two days ago an android system update, i did force the phone manual to search and update.
    After that, the problem with the Tomtom arrival time was solved, i still don't know what was wrong, but i'm happy that it works like it should be.