TomTom Go Premium No Longer Charging

Songbirdsuzi
Songbirdsuzi Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited August 24 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi all, my Tom Tom is no longer charging which I found out whilst driving unfortunately, I thought maybe it was just the car charger but tried charging it at home via plug socket which took 2 attempts before it eventually started charging. I'm guessing there is something wrong with the charging port on the device but how do I fix this please?

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,228
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

Have you checked the cable.
  • Songbirdsuzi
    Songbirdsuzi Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Yes I replaced the cable
  • leebroath1976
    leebroath1976 Registered Users Posts: 108
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Give the cable a wiggle at the back, you may find it’s the connection which is dodgy

I had the exact same issue with the Go Discover 7” with it’s slightly thicker and heavier cable, if your driving over bumps etc the cable plug eventually disconnects from the device
  • neha.pali
    neha.pali TomTom Staff Posts: 25
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi @Songbirdsuzi ,

I advise you to remove the mount of the device and then try to charge it.
    Make sure you are using the original CLA, cable, or the accessories which come with the device.

Regards,
    Neha
  • 25riley
    25riley Registered Users Posts: 16
    Apprentice Traveler
    May well be worth trying a contact cleaner spray and very fine smear of electrical contact grease.
    I feel TT need to use more robust cables/sockets. These need to be treated with tender care.
    My computer notebook has power lead with ball contacts that mate with socket contacts...need occasional wiggle to perhaps clean surfaces...usually works.