Map update

jacare60
jacare60 Registered Users Posts: 72
Renowned Trailblazer
I did a map update on Mapshare and soon after appeared the correction on MyDrive however 20 days have passed and the update still does not appear on the TT GO. Why does it take so long these updates?

Comments

• dezmo
    dezmo Registered Users Posts: 97
    Revered Navigator
    edited August 24
    Unfortunately maps on Mydrive and maps in TT Go are two totally different things.
    TT Go maps - they call it NDS maps - is the worst ever product I have ever seen from TomTom.
  • rabero1985
    rabero1985 Registered Users Posts: 199
    Exalted Navigator
    What maps are used by the pnd's ?

The same as Amigo ,MyDrive or the go app, or another format?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Hi @rabero1985

All GO Discover and Go Expert devices use NDS maps like the Phone Apps and all previous model have the TT classic maps.

Doug
  • rabero1985
    Exalted Navigator
    @DougLap thx !
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,500
    Community Manager
    For the GO Navigation app, we release full updates to the maps approximately once every month. Adding your update to our core map may have just happened slightly after the cut-over when we start compiling new maps. Next to that we have weekly updates for smaller map attributes.
    See more in this article: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/articles/360013959299

The GO navigation app uses offline mobile NDS maps. AmiGO uses online mobile NDS maps. NDS based PNDs again use their own offline maps.
  • jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    The change I made also appeared quickly on AmiGO and on TT GO not yet, even with weekly updates.

2ek16g2v7dmy.jpeg1be9fsn9up32.jpeg
  • rabero1985
    Exalted Navigator
    edited August 25
    try to search VOC Neteland (City Herenthout in Belgium). I made this poi in mapshare in may , i found it in MyDrive , Amigo after 2 days but not the go app, even with online search enabled in the MyDrive settings in the app. So there's a big delay (3months now) between the online and offline maps.
    Online maps are quickly updated and that's wonderfull, but the offline maps are still to far behind and it would be great if these backlog was worked away and we had really weekly updates from the past week from the online maps....
  • jacare60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    The correct photos of the maps are these:

hnbio5qzp7n5.jpeg4e1xjspb580h.jpeg