points of interest

b4u2
b4u2 Registered Users Posts: 58
Outstanding Explorer
Hi, i have a tomtom go 6200 and noticed that it doesn't have an option for points of interests like for example if i am looking for nearby museums, parks, garages etc?
That's rather strange as had a much more basic and cheaper tomtom years ago, think it was tomtom start 25 and it had that option on the menu.
Please let me know

Best Answer

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,331
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    H
    @b4u2
    There isn't a printed version of the full user guide available (Unless you print the User guide yourself)
    You can of course download the HTML or PDF file to your desktop for future reference....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited August 26
    Hi
    @b4u2
    User Manual
    GO 6200 Wi-Fi User Manual
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014295500-GO-6200-Wi-Fi-User-Manual
    POI Categories listings.... Page 48/52 on the PDF format File...

Are you using Quick search (Default & the best) or the Step by Step search option ???

Check if the the Step by Step search mode has been selected...
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a search mode... Select the far superior 'Quick search' option...

Try a Categorized POI search, initially just search for "Museums” (Without quote marks)
    Method....
    (In the example below Just substitute any reference to "Railway station" with "Museums")
    e.g... To show the POI's for Birmingham UK Railway stations on the map, work your way down to option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap (....) 4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the Search Icon
    Type rail (Or as much of the word that’s required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column)
    Tap the offered "Railway station" (top of the right-hand column)

Note.... The initial offering (Right-hand column) will be a local search of your current location....
    For other Search options Tap the 'Whole Map' button screen top right....
    (1)... Near me
    (2)... In a Town or City
    (3)... Along route (With a route planned)
    (4)... Near destination ((With a route planned)
    (5)... Latitude & Longitude

The Main search area turns blue and "Railway station" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the town/city of the required Station, Type birm (Or as much of the word that's required for the category to appear at the top of the right-hand column

You now have two options
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles
    (1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the Birmingham Railway Stations in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the Birmingham Railway Station POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail)
    There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • b4u2
    b4u2 Registered Users Posts: 58
    Outstanding Explorer
    @YamFazMan
    Thanks for your response. I didn't get this owners manual in the box?
    Would love to have a printed version to hand to help me out.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    H
    @b4u2
    There isn't a printed version of the full user guide available (Unless you print the User guide yourself)
    You can of course download the HTML or PDF file to your desktop for future reference....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM