Import data

Al_Tom
Al_Tom Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hello.
I have a START 52 and I would like to know if it is possible (and how) to import data (places) to the device from Google Maps, Google Earth, or the Tomtom Mydrive website, because I can't find a way.
Thanks.

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,336
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Al_Tom
    Maybe useful....
    MDW Route planner Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    Transfer the individual locations manually....
    Google Maps....
    With Google Maps and the MyDrive Web Route planner both running....
    (I use a 50/50 Split-screen)....
    (1)... Type the required location into the Google Maps Search Box and Click on the Magnifying glass Icon....
    (2)... Right-click on the offered location....
    (3)... A small Window opens... Left-Click on the offered Coordinate, to copy the Coordinate to the clipboard....

MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (4)... Important... Click on the MyDrive Web Route planner search box (To activate the search Box)
    (5)... Use Ctrl + v to paste the coordinates into the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (6).... Important... Press Enter on your PC Keyboard....
    The MDW Route planner will Zoom to the location and mark the location with a MyPlace Icon (i.e... Starting point)
    (7)... Right-click on the new MyPlace Icon... A new window opens....
    Select... Add a Stop, Send Destination, Add to MyPlaces or Plan a route....

Or

Google Maps....
    (1)... Right-click on the Google Map at the required location....
    (2)... A small Window opens... Left-Click on the offered Coordinate, to copy the Coordinate to the clipboard....

(3)... Important... Click on the MyDrive Web Route planner search box (To activate the search Box)
    (4)... Use Ctrl + v to paste the coordinates into the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (5).... Important... Press Enter on your PC Keyboard....
    The MDW Route planner will Zoom to the location and mark the location with a MyPlace Icon (i.e... Starting point)
    (6)... Right-click on the new MyPlace Icon... A new window opens.... Select... Add a Stop, Send Destination, Add to MyPlaces or Plan a route....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• Al_Tom
    Al_Tom Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Many thanks.
    I needed to log in on the device itself, I didn't know that could be done.
    :):)=)=)
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,336
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Al_Tom
    Maybe useful....
    MDW Route planner Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    Transfer the individual locations manually....
    Google Maps....
    With Google Maps and the MyDrive Web Route planner both running....
    (I use a 50/50 Split-screen)....
    (1)... Type the required location into the Google Maps Search Box and Click on the Magnifying glass Icon....
    (2)... Right-click on the offered location....
    (3)... A small Window opens... Left-Click on the offered Coordinate, to copy the Coordinate to the clipboard....

(4)... Important... Click on the MyDrive Web Route planner search box (To activate the search Box)
    (5)... Use Ctrl + v to paste the coordinates into the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (6).... Important... Press Enter on your PC Keyboard....
    (7)... Right-click on the new MyPlace Icon... A new window opens....
    Select... Add a Stop, Send Destination, Add to MyPlaces or Plan a route....

Or

Google Maps....
    (1)... Right-click on the Google Map at the required location....
    (2)... A small Window opens... Left-Click on the offered Coordinate, to copy the Coordinate to the clipboard....

(3)... Important... Click on the MyDrive Web Route planner search box (To activate the search Box)
    (4)... Use Ctrl + v to paste the coordinates into the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    (5).... Important... Press Enter on your PC Keyboard....
    (6)... Right-click on the new MyPlace Icon... A new window opens.... Select... Add a Stop, Send Destination, Add to MyPlaces or Plan a route....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM