Purchased a Go Premium X in Sept 2020 now shutting down and restarting during a journey...

billfaefinnyfaul
billfaefinnyfaul Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Lately my Sat Nav has started to shut down and restart during a journey - and usually at critical points for directions... Any answers as to why and is this usual for a Go Premium X to go faulty after being reliable for 18 months?

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @billfaefinnyfaul

Try going to MyDrive in Settings on the unit and Tapping Stop Syncing. This will not affect normal operation of the unit but if you need to Sync any data to or from your account then log in on the unit and to do so will only require the Password.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,336
     Superuser
    edited August 21 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @billfaefinnyfaul
    Welcome to the site...
    I find that logging out of 'MyDrive' in the Setting menus on the device is beneficial....
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only require to enter the password, the device remembers the email address....
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again....

NAV4 Devices... Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    Later NAV4 (Wi-Fi) Connected devices... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

Another option you may want to try....
    I find the Wi-Fi devices are more stable and more responsive in general use when you 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection....
    Unless you're using a personal My-Fi Hotspot in the car for your data connection, the only other reason for a live Wi-Fi connection is for updating the device....
    I always turn off (Forget) Wi-Fi by default and only login for updates....
    It's no big deal for updates, you only have to enter your Wi-Fi password
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1750781/#Comment_1750781

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • billfaefinnyfaul
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your assistance

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @billfaefinnyfaul

Try going to MyDrive in Settings on the unit and Tapping Stop Syncing. This will not affect normal operation of the unit but if you need to Sync any data to or from your account then log in on the unit and to do so will only require the Password.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,336
     Superuser
    edited August 21 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @billfaefinnyfaul
    Welcome to the site...
    I find that logging out of 'MyDrive' in the Setting menus on the device is beneficial....
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only require to enter the password, the device remembers the email address....
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again....

NAV4 Devices... Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    Later NAV4 (Wi-Fi) Connected devices... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

Another option you may want to try....
    I find the Wi-Fi devices are more stable and more responsive in general use when you 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection....
    Unless you're using a personal My-Fi Hotspot in the car for your data connection, the only other reason for a live Wi-Fi connection is for updating the device....
    I always turn off (Forget) Wi-Fi by default and only login for updates....
    It's no big deal for updates, you only have to enter your Wi-Fi password
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1750781/#Comment_1750781

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • billfaefinnyfaul
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your assistance