Why why why why have i spent 100s for a 40 month old map?

ColTruckerGmail
ColTruckerGmail Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
My 620 Pro has a 40 month OLD truck map to help me in my 44 tom monster... yet the map is 40 months old (doesnt have A14 on it and it sends me to roads that have been REMOVED in the last few years).

WiFi update says my device is up to date: WRONG!!!!!!!!!

I am close to either burning the device in a crazed hippy campfire style ceremony or putting it in the microwave (in my truck) for a swift 20minutes....

Then, buying any of the TRUCK satnavs available that dont profess to be so dam wonderful that TomTom do....

All words and no delivery = TomTom

VERY ANNOYED CUSTOMER!!!!!!!

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ColTruckerGmail
    My team has fixed the services on your TomTom, check for map updates now.

It seems you also have installed smaller maps like the Netherlands, UK and ROI, these are designed for the standard car navigation products. I would suggest that you remove these and download/update the Europe Truck map.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    Hi @ColTruckerGmail

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK or @lampard have t say after they have checked the unit settings on the TT servers.

Doug
  • ColTruckerGmail
    Apprentice Seeker
    Cheers bud! Will do.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ColTruckerGmail
    My team has fixed the services on your TomTom, check for map updates now.

It seems you also have installed smaller maps like the Netherlands, UK and ROI, these are designed for the standard car navigation products. I would suggest that you remove these and download/update the Europe Truck map.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • ColTruckerGmail
    Apprentice Seeker
    Vikram, you are a star.... Having looked around here over last few days to see why my unit wasn't working you seem to be fixing things for everyone: thank you !!

That said, TomTom should not need you to do this and the devices should work/update as expected.

Take care, ask for a wage increase and best wishes...my unit is currently updating just fine.

Colin
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,315
     Superuser
    Hi
    @ColTruckerGmail
    Maybe Useful... User Manual GO Professional....
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014362619-GO-Professional

Stay Safe... ATB YFM