Sold Sat Nav Still Attached To My Account

mervyncp
mervyncp Registered Users Posts: 16
Master Explorer
When I start up my 6100 it tells me I have received a new destination and immediately sets the route. If I clear the route it immediately comes back again. The destination set is not known to me & I have never asked for a route there.
I believe that I have inadvertently sold a sat nav that is still registered to my account in it's TomTom Services.
Is it possible see which devices are attached to my account and to remove unwanted ones remotely.
I have currently stopped my 6100 syncing which has stopped the immediate problem, but I would like a permanent solution.

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mervyncp

If you open My Drive Connect is the unit listed there. If it is delete it.

If you want to retain the account name then change the Password then the old unit will not be able to log in when it boots up.

Doug

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,101
    Elite Voyager
    When selling your old device, you will need to reset the device.

The best thing for your GO 6100 is to create a new Tomtom account with a new email address.

I don't think it's possible for Tomtom to delete a registered GPS account.

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mervyncp

If you want to retain the account name then change the Password then the old unit will not be able to log in when it boots up.

Doug
  • mervyncp
    mervyncp Registered Users Posts: 16
    Master Explorer
    edited August 23
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @mervyncp

Doug

Many thanks @DougLap. That seems to have solved the problem.
    I can't understand why that route was locked to my Sat Navs and no matter what I did I was unable to change it. As soon as I deleted or cleared the route it immediately came back. Any ideas anyone??