My Places and TomTom's poor support

emarsh
emarsh Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
As I've used my Rider 550 more I've accumulated a number of places that I visit from time to time as I ride. It's reached the point where the my places icons are making it difficult to see the roads on my Rider with a zoomed out view.

I started looking for a way to turn them off and could not find any. Doing some searches in this forum I've found threads that go back at least a couple years where other TomTom owners are asking how to turn them off. The common response is, you can't do that but here's a work around. Trying to directly contact TomTom support just redirects to the forums.

This has obviously been a problem for some time now. What gets me is the lack of TomTom support to address a simple to fix issue that a number of uses have said is a problem. (I've done software design and development since the mid-80s and yes it should be a simple fix.)

So what's the deal, TomTom? How about having one of your engineers spend half a day and provide a switch that can be used to turn the My Places icons on and off?

Inquiring minds want to know.

0rg2zn4cv7ae.jpg

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,331
     Superuser
    edited August 21
    Hi
    @emarsh
    emarsh wrote: »
    As I've used my Rider 550 more I've accumulated a number of places that I visit from time to time as I ride. It's reached the point where the MyPlaces icons are making it difficult to see the roads on my Rider with a zoomed-out view.
    Maybe useful... Many users have asked for the facility to back up their MyPlaces to a PC
    You can also create a Personal POI Category of your MyPlaces to replace the MyPlaces list, (Cut the MyPlaces Screen Clutter)
    Also, if required you can show a POI Category Icon on your device or Create Multiple Personal POI Categories as required....
    See Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1136163/many-users-have-asked-for-the-facility-to-back-up-their-myplaces-to-a-pc
    Note... When you save your data from the MDW Route panner, the.... (Your username goes here)_MyDrive.json.gz file.... is saved to the 'Downloads' folder on a windows PC
    Also, a 'Save' option appears in the lower left corner of the MDW Route panner....
    emarsh wrote: »
    I started looking for a way to turn them off and could not find any. Doing some searches in this forum I've found threads that go back at least a couple years where other TomTom owners are asking how to turn them off. The common response is, you can't do that but here's a work around. Trying to directly contact TomTom support just redirects to the forums (Snip)
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    The phone service has been suspended (Indefinitely)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

TomTom customer support by email….
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
    Note... This link is to one of the Tomtom Support site pages... You may have to login again using your Tomtom Email & Password...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM