updated my uk maps, cost £44 - satnav screen says 'NO MAPS AVAILABLE!!!

flyer820
flyer820 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I have just paid for my uk maps (£44.95 debited from account) - (as the supposedly free updates did not work) - and now the satnav screen says NO MAPS AVAILABLE - Reinstall a map you already own or go to the tomtom shopto buy a map' !!!!!! - So how do I reinstall my maps? there is nothing on the 'my drive' web site to explain.

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @flyer820
    Your TomTom already comes with free map updates for the UK and ROI map. You can contact our customer service team to raise a refund request.

Regarding the issue with the device showing no maps found, my team has created jobs to remove the existing map (which could be corrupted). Just connect the device to MyDrive Connect and check for any updates.
    Once connected, the jobs will get processed automatically and the device might reboot during the process.

After the map is removed, perform a soft reset and download a fresh map version.

Thanks,
    Vikram.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,096
    Elite Voyager
    Try it by following this FAQ No maps available (MyDrive Connect) https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-Aucune-carte-disponible-MyDrive-Connect-
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @flyer820
    Your TomTom already comes with free map updates for the UK and ROI map. You can contact our customer service team to raise a refund request.

Regarding the issue with the device showing no maps found, my team has created jobs to remove the existing map (which could be corrupted). Just connect the device to MyDrive Connect and check for any updates.
    Once connected, the jobs will get processed automatically and the device might reboot during the process.

After the map is removed, perform a soft reset and download a fresh map version.

Thanks,
    Vikram.

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,315
     Superuser
    edited August 22
    Hi
    @flyer820
    Welcome to the site....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    The phone service has been suspended (Indefinitely)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step-by-Step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

TomTom customer support by email….
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
    Note... This link is to one of the Tomtom Support site pages... You may have to login again using your Tomtom Email & Password...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM