GO 5200 How do I get mobile speed camera warnings?

Phil83chr
Phil83chr Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Seeker
edited August 21 in TomTom Services
Hi, I have a GO 5200 and I cannot get mobile speed camera warnings. I've tried everything including a factory reset and then doing all the settings again. Any help wouild be appreciated.
Thanks.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,101
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

To receive a mobile speed camera alert, the speed camera must be reported by multiple users.
  • Phil83chr
    Apprentice Seeker
    That may be the case but I don't get ANY, even ones I do get on my old 825. Surely I would also get ones that I had reported myself else what's the point?
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Once a mobile speed camera is reported by a user, the speed camera remains active for 2 hours after it is deleted, unless a user reports it again, in which case the speed camera alert is extended again.
  • Phil83chr
    Apprentice Seeker
    Ok, thanks for that. I still don't see why I'm not getting warnings that I get on my old 825, it must be the same database! Anyway that's made my mind up not to renew the 825 with another Tomtom device.
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    To receive mobile radars you must have a radar subscription on GO 5200 the radars are for life
    Do you have a valid subscription on GO 825?

If on the GO 825 you do not have a subscription, it is not the live mobile radars that you receive.
  • Phil83chr
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes, my subscription has 55 days to run on the GO 825.