No Live Traffic on my Go Premium X

Suttree
Suttree Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited August 17 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Ok, I'm not the sharpest tool in the box ... so suppress your chuckles & lean a hand ... On " October 2020 I bought direct from Tom Tom a Go Premium X. Initially all worked fine including Live Traffic Updates. The faff involved in tracking down answers online (I'm just don't have any time to myself) meant I left it for ages. Then last week my driving mileage increased a lot and I need those Live Updates. So ... came here ... logged in and two days ago I paid about £24 for a 12 month subscription ... and, guess what ... nothing. The on screen button just keeps telling me 'Unable to Connect - Please try later' - which I have for last two days ... nothing. I've tried a soft 'drumroll' reset a few times - still nothing.
Then I asked a friend who has same model and his works fine ... but he told me My Premium GO should have lifetime traffic updates and that I don't need to pay a subscription !! ... aargh !! ... Is this True ? Can I get my £24 refunded ?? ...and why won't my Live Traffic Updates re-connect ?
Any help much appreciated. ( My original order no was 0302956278 dated 2nd October 2020 )
Instead of a refund I would be happy with Tom Tom Fast Multi charger (about £20) - the one with the 12volt plug in & 12v plug receiver & the 2 USB slots on the side. Thanks, Vincent.

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Suttree

Yes you should not have purchased the Updates. Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your units settings on the TT servers and made adjustments if required.

Regarding a refund you will have to contact a Customer Support agent via Chat to sort that out during normal working hours.

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Then sign in on the next page. You have to do that even although you were signed in on Forum
    Once signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Type Chat in the message option at the bottom of the Box that appears then work through options until you are offered Chat.

Doug

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,540
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Suttree
    Welcome to the community! Yes, the device indeed comes with Traffic updates for the lifetime of the device.

The services on your account all look okay, could you try the troubleshooting steps advised in the video below-

I don't think it's possible to send a different article or accessory. I would advise contacting our customer service team to raise a refund request and place a different order for the charger.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Suttree

Yes you should not have purchased the Updates. Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your units settings on the TT servers and made adjustments if required.

Regarding a refund you will have to contact a Customer Support agent via Chat to sort that out during normal working hours.

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Then sign in on the next page. You have to do that even although you were signed in on Forum
    Once signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Type Chat in the message option at the bottom of the Box that appears then work through options until you are offered Chat.

Doug

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,540
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Suttree
    Welcome to the community! Yes, the device indeed comes with Traffic updates for the lifetime of the device.

The services on your account all look okay, could you try the troubleshooting steps advised in the video below-

I don't think it's possible to send a different article or accessory. I would advise contacting our customer service team to raise a refund request and place a different order for the charger.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Suttree
    Suttree Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi VikramK & Douglap ... thanks for the prompt replies.
    I went through the steps suggested in the video above. Although my 'positioning flag' was highlighted on screen (not shaded out) suggesting my gprs was enabled - however, going into the set up it indicated that it was disconnected. There wasn't a sliding switch option to re enable it ... so I did a reset ... and that has done the trick and my Live Traffic is working again. Thank you for your help. Now ... I've just got to see if I can get my £24 Taffic subscription refunded !
    Thanks, Vincent.