TOMTOM 500 stuck on "getting ready" when trying to download

Dougie Elliott
Dougie Elliott Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Unable to update European West full due to lack of space so updated with Western Europe Middle. Now trying to change to Western Europe South West but all I'm getting is "getting ready". Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,955
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi and welcome to the forum
    I would recommend you to load a small card on the internal memory and then use a memory cardomTom devices support memory cards up to 32GB but a 16GB should be sufficient.
    You can then insert them into the device and the device must then again formatting for storage for maps.
    This re-formatting by the device is mandatory
    Then you can save the whole Europe map to the memory card.

If you don't have a card for the internal memory, support should be able to provide you with one for free.
    YamFazMan described how to contact the support here
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Answers

• Dougie Elliott
    Apprentice Seeker
    Sorry but I'm new to asking questions. Since I posted above question it now says there are 7 views but I don't know how to see them. Is it possible someone could send me a message or something explaining.
  • Dougie Elliott
    Apprentice Seeker
    It's OK. I can see from my comment that "views" are just that & not as I had thought "views expressed".
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,955
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi and welcome to the forum
    I would recommend you to load a small card on the internal memory and then use a memory cardomTom devices support memory cards up to 32GB but a 16GB should be sufficient.
    You can then insert them into the device and the device must then again formatting for storage for maps.
    This re-formatting by the device is mandatory
    Then you can save the whole Europe map to the memory card.

If you don't have a card for the internal memory, support should be able to provide you with one for free.
    YamFazMan described how to contact the support here
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083