New maps v10.95 available for download

VikramK
VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,540
edited August 17 in News and announcements
Hello All,

On Wednesday, 17th August 2022, we have released maps version 10.95 (Car/Motorcycle/Automotive/Truck/Camper).

The quarterly Map release is for what we internally refer to as "TomTom Classic maps" that are the maps used in PND's (except for the GO Discover/GO Expert/GO Camper Max/GO Exclusive).

Drive safe!

Regards, Vikram :)

Comments

• Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 480
    Supreme Pioneer
    @VikramK

Having installed the 10.95 map update, the crazy / illogical routing that I have been reporting on my Go Camper (2018 version) since mid 2019 is still to be corrected despite assurances from TomTom that it was corrected in map version10.41. When if ever will this be fixed???

And the Poynton Relief Road is incorrectly "marked as open for Traffic" despite being under construction.............. however all NDS map devices are correctly showing the road as closed for traffic.

Map versions require to be updated consistently to ensure correct navigation on all devices ................... B)
  • fLiPeRek21
    fLiPeRek21 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    where Can I post mistakes? in Southampton area I found 2 7.5t routes where my go expert push me to drive on :-/
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,953
     Superuser
    fLiPeRek21 wrote: »
    where Can I post mistakes? in Southampton area I found 2 7.5t routes where my go expert push me to drive on :-/
    In Mapshare reporter Tool. https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare/
  • tonygr
    tonygr Registered Users Posts: 96
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Lochfrass wrote: »

But don't expect the corrections to appear on the quarterly map update for at least two updates and more likely three. The online mapping gets updated as soon as the correction is accepted but it takes for ever to get transferred to the "Classic" maps (See VikramK's original post for the application of classic maps)
  • JohnND
    JohnND Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    I downloaded the new maps and all "My Places" have disappeared. This is extremely annoying. Has anyone else had the same problem? Has TomTom got a fix for this?
  • JacaMa
    JacaMa Registered Users Posts: 54
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Hi @JohnND ,

Did you keep your navigation logged into your TT account, i.e. did you have the synchronization with your TT account turned on, prior to the map update? Or maybe after the update you were logged out, or you have the synchronization somehow stopped?
  • JohnND
    Apprentice Traveler
    I started the map update on Wifi, but as it would take a long time I connected my TT to my computer to keep it charged. When I went back to it after the map update had been completed the "My Places" were missing
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,953
     Superuser
    JohnND wrote: »
    I downloaded the new maps and all "My Places" have disappeared.
    Maps?
    Then check if you have the right map active in the device for your current location.
    Or you can check in MyDrive if they are still saved. https://mydrive.tomtom.com
  • JohnND
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have now done the famous "switch it off and switch it on again and it has worked! All back to normal
  • Thomas-DG1
    Thomas-DG1 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hello,
    updating from 10.85 to 10.95 on my GO 6000 doesn't work. At about 6-10% of installation on the GO 6000, it stops and an error message (red cross) appears.
    TomTom Mydrive connect software is up to date (on Macbook pro).
    Tried it several times, deleted Cache and downloaded software in between before a new try, without success.
    After the error message, the GO 6000 doesn't show the 10.85 version anymore (occupied memory space significantly reduced).
    Europe Map 10.95 icon shows "repair" button; after use, the old 10.85 version is restored on Go 6000, but the 10.95 version is not installed.

What to do?

Best regards
    Thomas
  • JELLEMA
    JELLEMA Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    I PAID €44,95 FOR A MAP UPDATE, BUT DOESNOT GET IT INSTALLED
  • JELLEMA
    JELLEMA Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    TOMTOM GO
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,228
    Elite Voyager
    Have you checked that the map to be purchased is compatible with your GPS?
    Have you checked that you have selected the account for which you are buying the card?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,116
    Superuser
    Hi @JELLEMA

Provided you have purchased it for the correct TT unit it May not j=have been allocated to the account yet. Your profile says it is a TT GO unit whereas your profile says you have a 135 which is a Via unit not a GO device.

If it is still not available on Monday then contact Customer support via Chat with the order details and they will sort it whilst you are on.

There have been no phone lines to Customer Support since the start of Covid and no indication that the facility will return.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this even although you are signed in on the Forum )
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom there is a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available, ie during Normal Working hours Mon/Frid ,you should be offered the chance to work your way to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message but you should concentrate on Chat

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • Peter_Leeninga01
    Peter_Leeninga01 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I bought last tuesday evening the product New maps for trucks including 4 updates in a year for Euro 149,95.
    Till this moment saturday afternoon 16.14 in the netherlands, I didn't recieve this update.
    Who vcan tell me how to connect the tomtom helpdesk in the netherlands
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    @Peter_Leeninga01

GO 620 professionals have lifetime truck cards, you don't need to buy a truck card,
    contact customer service to request a refund.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
  • Vitobaro
    Vitobaro Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited September 1
    Good morning
    I apologise for my lack of competence
    I have a 2015 500L
    my nav, which I use occasionally, gives me a msg "unable to find maps" it asks me for a usb containing a map
    it gives me MUID/SUID TP..... and Serial number:0BD
    what could have happened and what should i do ?
    thanks

Mod edit: Machine translated [Italian]
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

Installing a map on Uconnect 5" Radio Nav https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013901640-Installer-une-carte-sur-Uconnect-5-Radio-Nav

Uconnect Radio Nav: Preparing a USB device for map updates https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013961339
  • Cjuk81
    Cjuk81 Registered Users Posts: 26
    Prominent Wayfarer
    tonygr wrote: »
    Lochfrass wrote: »

But don't expect the corrections to appear on the quarterly map update for at least two updates and more likely three. The online mapping gets updated as soon as the correction is accepted but it takes for ever to get transferred to the "Classic" maps (See VikramK's original post for the application of classic maps)

I'm noticing this too on my tomtom go on android. The maps in amigo get updated yet updates I make on mapshare take forever to appear in my go app, I wonder why they do this.
  • Uguroruncu
    Uguroruncu Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited September 5
    On my Tomtom go expert 7, the coordinate entry menu disappeared after the map update.
  • Uguroruncu
    Uguroruncu Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    :)
  • b4u2
    b4u2 Registered Users Posts: 58
    Outstanding Explorer
    @VikramK

What's new in this 10.95 version?

Also interesting that even though my tomtom is a wifi device i had to connect it to mydrive via computer to send update through?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,331
     Superuser
    edited September 9
    Hi
    @b4u2
    b4u2 wrote: »
    (Snip) Also interesting that even though my Tomtom is a Wi-Fi device I had to connect it to MyDrive Connect via computer to send update through?
    If you are using your PC as a power supply when you were updating your device....
    If you had your device pluged into a USB port + MyDrive Connect Running on your PC....
    The USB Connection >> WILL << take priority over the Wi-Fi Connection....

Next time try using a Mains USB power adapter or a Smartphone USB Power supply....

ATB YFM