voice truncated at the end of each phrase

afornit_gold
afornit_gold Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hi there, I just bought TomTom app and installed on a Samsung S22Ultra connected to Uconnect Bluetooth audio of my Grand Cherokee (no android auto, MY 2015) and I experience a huge problem: every phrase of the TomTom voice is cut approx 2 or 3 seconds before the end so I can hear only partially the navigation voice and I have to look always the display (not the way I intended to use it), I have a physical TomTom too but I bought the app for the ease not to get it with me ...

Comments

• MUP
    MUP Posts: 738
    Superuser
    All to be checked in GO-App setup:
    - Just download and make use of a computer voice.
    - Then try different audio output channels.

Hope that will help.
  • afornit_gold
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have used the only Italian female computer voice available (Silvia), there is only onother one but is recorded so cannot speak out all the indications, sorry I will not try male voices 😂
    I don't get you about try different audio channels as I want to use my car audio system and is perfectly working for all other apps (Google Maps - that is free - is perfectly working with this setup and I am obliged to use it instead of the TomTom Go app that I paid ... sounds ironical)
  • afornit_gold
    Apprentice Seeker
    I found where the problem is but not a solution: if a music is played in background everything is right (voice speaks all words) but if there is no audio on and TomTom GO is the only app that uses the Bluetooth sending audio to the car infotainment system then the voice is truncated (and this is systematically happening).
    This problem occurs ONLY with TomTom GO App, all others apps are just fine (including Google Maps).
    I understand that TomTom app may like music but it will be great to understand why it happens and hopefully correct it.