Restore the three-beep sound when speeding

yennefer
yennefer Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
Hi, I've upgraded to the latest version of the app 8.441.0 (13062) and the speeding sound is now a nice single beep. Unfortunately it's more difficult for me to hear it inside the helmet since it's very similar to other notification sounds I use. Is there any setting (or replace sound files) that I can use to restore the ugly ear-smasher louder three-beep sound?

Although downgrading could be a temporary solution, I prefer something more long term.
Thank you
Tagged:

Answers

• lampard
    lampard Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 6,075 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    Welcome to the Community, @yennefer! The team made changes for the warning sound to be a single beep.
    Is there any setting (or replace sound files) that I can use to restore the ugly ear-smasher louder three-beep sound?
    Not possible but I'll forward this feedback to the team.

Best, lampard
  • David3891
    David3891 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I agree, it now isn't obvious at all and seems, if anything, to be a backwards step with the app
  • MadMrt
    MadMrt Registered Users Posts: 4
    New Seeker
    +1 The new sound is too quiet and subtle. It sounds like an email just arrived. It is no use at all in letting me know when I've over speed and near a camera. Bring back the 3 beeps for sure!

Also - for some time the warnings are suppressed during phone calls. This used to work fine, but for last few months there are no audio warnings during phone calls, which is when they are needed most as concentration already degraded
  • Krzystoffer
    Krzystoffer Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    I like the fact that there are very different sounds for cameras and for overspeeding ,(before they were pretty much indistinguishable), though the new sound are a bit soft and a choice of sound effects might be better than having just an on/off option for warnings.