TomTom Go Camper Max - WiFi: "Connected, no internet"

MontyNMavis
MontyNMavis Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Just got a brand new Go Camper Max & it won't connect to the internet. It connects to various WiFi's, including a hotspot on my iphone. However, the status for every connection is "Connected, no internet".

I deleted my iphone bluetooth pairing, deleted all the WiFis & tried again to connect to WiFi; same result.

Anyone seen the same? Anyone know the fix?

Cheers
Martin

Best Answer

• MontyNMavis
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited August 15 Answer ✓
    Just had a chat with TomTom Live Chat. This is a widespread issue & exists on all TomTom Go Camper Max at present, due to the latest firmware update.

There is a fix: Go outdoors! Go away from your WiFi! Let the device pick up a GPS signal. Once the large arrow has gone blue (indicates GPS lock), go back indoors & connect to your WiFi. You may/may not have to remove the WiFi connection.

Hope this helps others who've just bought a Max, struggling & considering returning it.

BW
    Martin

Answers

• MontyNMavis
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited August 15 Answer ✓
    Just had a chat with TomTom Live Chat. This is a widespread issue & exists on all TomTom Go Camper Max at present, due to the latest firmware update.

There is a fix: Go outdoors! Go away from your WiFi! Let the device pick up a GPS signal. Once the large arrow has gone blue (indicates GPS lock), go back indoors & connect to your WiFi. You may/may not have to remove the WiFi connection.

Hope this helps others who've just bought a Max, struggling & considering returning it.

BW
    Martin