Device not recognising memory card

paddybutler
paddybutler Registered Users Posts: 6
New Seeker
I wanted to update my device as I have lifetime maps. I tried installing them on the device but there was slightly not enough space for the new maps even after I deleted the old map.
I bought an memory card and inserted it in to the device but it does not seem to be recognised so I currently have no maps on my device now.
Is there any kind of reset or anything additional I can do to make it see the memory card?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    You shouldn't have deleted the map on your GPS for your GPS to format the SD.

No maps available (MyDrive Connect) https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-Aucune-carte-disponible-MyDrive-Connect-
  • paddybutler
    New Seeker
    The problem is that the newer maps are too big for my device but I was trying to install them. I will try to install a small map from another country to get past this error
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    If the map is too big, you should be able to install a map area instead of the full map.
  • paddybutler
    New Seeker
    I am tying to install UK and Ireland. I have reduced the 3d buildings but it it still 200mb too big (but I had to delete the existing map to find this out as I just got a message asking me to free up memory which is why I deleted the original map on the device.
    It seems that it is not possible to fit the map on my device which I have always done previously so I bought a memory card to install it there
  • paddybutler
    New Seeker
    I tried install the ecuador map as it is really small so I could at least get in to the menu on the device it does not seems to be working.
    Both computer and sat nav say that the device is connected but I just see this for a very long time

cgt4vtdecrs7.png
  • paddybutler
    New Seeker
    Is there a way to do a full reset on the device?
  • paddybutler
    New Seeker
    For anyone else that comes across this issue - this is how I got it to work

1. Remove SD Card
    2. Restart Sat Nav
    3. Restart tom tom app on my computer
    4. Install a small map - I choose Venezuela as it was the smallest that I could see
    5. Once that map is installed - insert the memory card
    6. Device asks you what to do - choose Maps and then the option for format the memory card
    7. Go back to your computer app and you now have the option to install maps on the memory card