"No maps found" on Tom Tom XL

Irene_W
Irene_W Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited August 15 in Devices using TomTom HOME
Getting "No maps found" on my Tom Tom XL after trying to do an update using the "Home" software on Windows 8.1

"MyDrive" software does not work with the XL and having folowed all the hints on your web site I am no nearer to solving the problem. The device was working fine till attempted update and I have no backup because it was stored on a laptop that had was formatted and Windows renstalled from USB thumbdrive.

I know it was an oldish device but it was working fine. Can someone please help me get it running again. I am in England and just the local maps for the South East will be enough.

Best Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Irene_W
    Welcome to the community! Map has been reactivated on your TomTom, check for updates in TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Irene_W
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you @VikramK. That seems to have worked and I am really happy!

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,101
    Elite Voyager
    If you have connected your GPS to Tomtom Home Tomtom Home always makes a backup
    If your GPS is still tracked by Tomtom, you should be able to redownload the map through your account.

Only customer service can reactivate a card.
  • Irene_W
    New Seeker
    edited August 15
    I have no backup because it was stored on a laptop that was formatted and Windows reinstalled from USB thumbdrive.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,114
    Superuser
    Hi @Irene_W

Look back here later to see if @VikramK or @lampard are able to activate a map for you.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,518
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Irene_W
    Welcome to the community! Map has been reactivated on your TomTom, check for updates in TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Irene_W
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you @VikramK. That seems to have worked and I am really happy!