Renault carminat

aad-faling
aad-faling Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited August 16 in Built in car navigation
I recently bought a 2010 Renault Clio.
The built-in carminat has NO SD card so I can't do anything with the navigation.
Does anyone know what I can do?
I already bought a SD card from TomTom, but that's only an update, it's no use without the included map.

Navigation indicates no maps found

Mod edit: Machine translated [Dutch]

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,228
    Elite Voyager
    It's an SD card with the cartography you insert it in the carminat it should work. https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/sd-cards/carminat-tomtom-live/

If it's a blank SD card

Insert it into the GPS.
    Turn on the carminat which will copy 2 files necessary for its recognition.
    Eject the card with the button provided and remove the card.
    On the computer, insert the card and start Tomtom Home
    You connect to your Tomtom Home account (email address + password) that you associate with this card.
    Then via Tomtom Home or via the site you bought a recent cartography of Europe
  • aad-faling
    aad-faling Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited August 16
    So if I understand correctly, first insert an empty SD card to put those 2 files on it, and then do the rest step by step with the purchased SD card.
  • Troubadix12
    Troubadix12 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    Revered Voyager
    edited August 18
    Hi @aad-faling ,

if you purchased a new original TomTom SD-Card from the TomTom-Shop or your Renault Dealer with nearly latest MAP-Version (10.85), as shown here: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/sd-cards/carminat-tomtom-live/ it should work in your Carminat out of the Box.

If it is a second hand (used) SD-Card, it wouldn't work in your Carminat.

But watch out, there are two different Carminat-Versions installed in Renault Cars...

Carminat (older one without Live-Services) and Carminat 2.0 Live. You have to purchase the right SD-Card for your Device.

Alternative...
    If you purchased an empty SD-Card, then you have to initialized it in your Carminat (it writes two files on SD-Card). Then you still have to install the System, Map and other Stuff with the Software TomTomHome via your PC or Mac on the empty SD-Card.

Regards

Troubadix12