After updating Carminat SD card map, it only shows --:-- on the screen of the car.

Tobylicious
Tobylicious Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
I have just bought a new map of Europe but after downloading it, the screen on the car starts with an hourglass, moves onto TomTom start page and finishes at a black screen with --:--. I am not able to do anything from this point.
When i plug the SD card back into the PC and open administrate my carminate, under map it says: "incomplete map on your unit. This cannot be copied to your PC".
What do i do?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,235
    Elite Voyager
    You can delete the map on the SD is on the computer then via Tomtom Home redownload it.
  • Tobylicious
    Apprentice Seeker
    Which files am i supposed to delete?
    Is it under the Europe?
    2x99vj53c5ku.png
    There are only two files updated today:
    gil2uczgr3jn.png
    Where can i find the map on Tomtom home? I have looked for it without any luck
  • Tobylicious
    Apprentice Seeker
    I deleted the two files edited today, and was able to reinstall the map again. Now when i plug it in the car it says "no map is found".
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Check back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account and reactivate the map.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,540
    Hi @Tobylicious
    A map is already active on your account, I would suggest that you try a clean format and restore of the application and map-

Steps see here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1147300/format-and-restore-the-tomtom-carminat-when-you-have-an-active-map-on-your-account#latest

Regards,
    Vikram

• Tobylicious
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello again! I am still unable to make it work. I have tried 3 times to follow the instructions but when i finally plug it in the car it still says there is no map.
    In the map Europe on the SD-card is two files, but they only take up 1 and 3KB of space, so something seems off. They are called "Europe-103371.meta.dct" and "temp.tlv". So it seems like i am unable to download the map.
    I paid 464.95DKK the 16/8-22 for the Europe map.
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

It may be your SD that is dead buy a new 8 GB SD you format it then insert it into the carminat so that it copies the files then via Tomtom Home download the card.
  • Tobylicious
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have now bought a new SD card but still not succeded in installing it.
    I have followed the link you sent earlier. One step says: "Wait for the navigation screen to appear." but such a screen never appear. Only a screen saying no map.
    After installing all updates only three folders are on the SD card: ephem, loopdir and statdata.
  • Troubadix12
    Troubadix12 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    Revered Voyager
    edited September 21
    Hello @Tobylicious ,

I wrote a PN to you

Regards

Troubadix12
  • Tobylicious
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have just figured out how to make it work. I tried uninstalling the TOMTOM SW and reinstalling it in danish but i had the same issues. I then tried to install it in English and suddenly it worked. I don't know if it's a bug in the Danish version or what, but it finally works!