Rider 550 Live Traffic, Silly Question ?

kshelley68
kshelley68 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited August 13 in RIDER
Afternoon and I'm hoping someone could answer what is (possibly) as silly question.
I have a Rider 550 with a lifetime subscription and everything is working fine - just completed 2,500 mile road trip around UK with the TomTom. I receive live traffic for the whole UK no problem.
However I'm currently planning to go on a road trip around France and when I scroll the map across to France (for example, Limoges), there is no traffic info' at all (or anywhere in Europe).
Silly question, do I have to be physically in the actual country (e'g' France) to pick up the traffic feed?
I receive live info' and updates over Wi-Fi from the hotspot on my mobile. My mobile 'plan' includes roaming but I currently have roaming turned off, if this makes a difference.
Thank you to anyone who could clarify this please.
Cheers, Kevin

P.S. Just to reiterate, I'm currently in the UK.

Best Answer

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,909
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

The device shows you a cirkle of ca 150km around your current lokation.
    But there is a trick.
    If you set a starting point and a destination in France and then play the route preview for about 2 minutes, det traffic is often displayed there as well.

But the easier way is probably to plan the tour via MyDrive. https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    Then you can either transfer the tour as a track or just the main points such as start, stop and destination.
    You could save them locally on your Rider and be flexible between the points.

Answers

• Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Answer ✓

But there is a trick.
    If you set a starting point and a destination in France and then play the route preview for about 2 minutes, det traffic is often displayed there as well.

But the easier way is probably to plan the tour via MyDrive. https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    Then you can either transfer the tour as a track or just the main points such as start, stop and destination.
  • kshelley68
    kshelley68 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Lochfrass wrote: »

But there is a trick.

Good afternoon Lochfrass and thank you so much for your quick reply. That has solved my question perfectly. Funny I'd never noticed the circle 'range' of traffic coverage, until you pointed it out. I live and learn. Cheers again :)
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    In the Web version of MyDrive or in the App you can see the whole traffic in europe and plan routes.
    Have a nice evening ;)