When a route is selected why won't the icon follow and no instructions turn by turn are given.

Clonk
Clonk Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
Google maps works fine but GO app loads route and sets up, but after touching drive box nothing further happens ,why

Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,953
     Superuser
    What color has the triangle icon?
    Is it grey or blue?
  • Clonk
    Apprentice Seeker
    Grey
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Ah ok. That is the issue.
    The App has no GPS Fix. If the App has a gps fix the triangle is blue.
    Check if the app has permission to access the locations or go outside for a long time under a clear sky.
    The triangle must be blue.
  • Clonk
    Apprentice Seeker
    Grey . Thanks but, Ok if that is the case then why does the Google maps work fine on the same device but when switched to TT GO it doesn't work.
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Maybe you have disabled access rights for the Go App?

Depending on which Android version you have, you can define the access to the tracking for each app.

Check the settings of your phone under Settings/Apps/TomTomGo/Permissions to see if "Location" is allowed.
    On my Samsung A51 (android12), I can even specify there whether the app should always ask if it can have access, deny it completely or allow it completely.
    I have set it to "always allowed" with me.
  • Clonk
    Apprentice Seeker
    Ok thanks , I will check it out , it is a in car android screen, with all sorts of apps. Android 10 system.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,228
    Elite Voyager
    @Clonk

Was the application installed on the car radio or did you use Android Auto?

If the application is installed on the car radio

The app has not been designed or tested for use with Android (car stereo) head units, so there is no guarantee that it will work with your current setup.
  • MUP
    MUP Posts: 738
    Superuser
    @Clonk

You can check TT AmiGO of no costs and no sub.
    That's based on another SDK and so different device driver in use.
  • Clonk
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Willy875 for the feedback.
    I installed/downloaded TT GO app onto the device from the web site. the system is designed for both android and iphone.

Have checked permissions and all seems to be ok. It is strange that Google maps does work fine in all aspects on the GPSsignal attached to the device yet TT wont. The gps is a stand alone unit plugged into the head unit and installed at the base of the windshield with full clear sky access. Glonass and All other available satellites arrays.

Thanks MUP, I will take a look at AmiGO as an alternative.
  • Clonk
    Apprentice Seeker
    thanks for your input people, TT GO is now working with blue icon / arrow. but no voice directions. suggestion please, have dowloaded voice and this works when downloaded ie trying in system for sound but not when driving, no vocal alerts.
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Have you tryed diffrent sond channes in the App settings?

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,228
    Elite Voyager
    Maybe the speaker is off?

bzlvfd803dof.jpg

• Clonk
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks willy but I have checked all that out . All set up for speech out and checked voices on setup again, still wont talk to me.