Paid for 1yr update but site saying Newer maps available for additional costs??

Potwashman
Potwashman Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Hi, I bought a 2011 Megane last year with built-in Carminat TomTom that had never been updated. So in January this year I paid £39.95 for the 1yr Map update service (I check quarterly). I've just downloaded and updated my SD card but on the Home page of TomTom Home that I use to update it has a box that states 'Newer versions of your map are available, Get them for as little as £14.99 per quarter with our New Map Update Service'. When I click on it, it then wants me to proceed with the purchase, which of course I don't want to.
Forgive me if I'm missing something but shouldn't I actually be getter the new versions of my map when I do an update as I'm still within the 12mth period of signing up for the service.
Thanks for any advices.

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

Which map version is installed on your carminat?
    the next map is scheduled for the end of the month if you have an update service you don't have to buy a map.
  • Potwashman
    Potwashman Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi, sorry for not replying sooner, I thought I'd get a notification if someone replied (but didn't) and have just logged on.
    I took the SD out from the car to check the version and when I logged onto TomTom Home the update was waiting to be put on. So sure enough, now it's on the SD Card it is no longer asking me if I want to purchase a newer map.
    Cheers