Transfer destinations/routes from MyDrive Map on PC

LeifK
LeifK Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Is the Android App (My Drive) compatible with a "TomTom Go Discover" GPS?
I wish to transfer destinations/routes from an Android device or a PC to a "TomTom Go Discover" GPS.
I own a "TomTom GO Essential" now but it has very sluggish. Need to know this before I buy a new "GO Discover" GPS.

Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,953
     Superuser
    Yes, here it works with a Samsung Galaxy A51 Android12
    I have a go Premium too and when is send a destination (or Stops) both devices (Discover and Premium) get the destination/Stops
    But at the Discover only a popup appears and no accoustic hint
  • LeifK
    LeifK Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Sorry to ask again about internet data transfer but I want to be absolutely sure I understand it works.
    TomTom's website says nothing about whether it is possible to transfer data or not. If it works, how is it done?
    My TomTom GO Essential has a built-in SIM card that receives destinations and routes from
    e.g. a PC with the "TomTOM My Drive" web page.
    TomTom GO Discover lacks a built-in SIM card, does the transfer from the internet take place
    through a Bluetooth connected smart phone instead?
    I also wonder as my GO Essential has become very slow over the years, how much better is the new GO Discover?
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,953
     Superuser
    The Go Essential has no iternal sim. Maybe you have a go 5200 or Go 6200 or a Go Premium?

Thats right. The Discover needs internet connection via a Smartphone. Mostly over Bluetooth but it works via WIFI too.
    from route calculation the Go Discover is Faster.
    If you disable the 3 route suggestions, it is very noticeable.
    If you leave the route suggestions active, both devices (depending on the length of the route) are equally fast in route calculation, only the Discover then has just calculated 3 routes