I seem to have deleted my UK map and cannot see it to add again?

Stacey007
Stacey007 Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
Hello

I've not used my TomTom for a while but it had life time maps and cameras, just tried to update it using the connect software and it now says I have no Map installed. When I go to the map settings I cannot even see UK listed, Europe is the closest but it does not suggest this covers the UK also? How can I get the UK map as an option again. I've tried dis connecting and connecting and the connect app say the device is up to date? but no maps? Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,909
     Superuser
    Try to install another Map (maybe a small). Then uninstall the UK map and try to reinstall.
    Uk is a Part of the Europe Map
  • Stacey007
    New Seeker
    Interesting I will try that, oddly the picture of the Europe map does not seem to include UK as highlighted to that's miss leading.

Its currently connected and doing 'something' so I'm leaving it for a bit in the hope it fix's itself

Thanks
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,316
     Superuser
    edited August 11
    Hi
    @Stacey007
    Welcome to the site....
    Re... The GO 5100 8GB NAV4 Device & Catch22...
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8 GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update....
    The Map size now exceeds the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices, this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9 GB....

Maybe useful...
    Updating the device using the 'MyDrive Connect' 'MY CONTENTS' tab....
    Also see... Note (2) in the link below....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1145486/8gb-nav4-devices-catch22-installing-maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Stacey007
    New Seeker
    Great on both counts

I had a spare 16GB micro SD Card... formatted that and used it in the TomTom

Downloaded the Europe map to SD Card and it seems it lives to fight another day.

Thanks all

I do have another question but will ask it on the appropriate place. (splash screens etc)